Thread: Fiction: Xc camp
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
Dare_R12

Default Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 weeks later
"All packed?" The coach said as we loaded the vans.

"Yeah." everyone replied as we hopped into the cars for a three hour drive. I rode with Martin and David in David's jeep. We needed to take a small detour before we got to camp.

Subway. What? We want food. Anyway we all talked about what we looked forward to the most for camp. Frisbee, Card games, running, and most importantly that huge truth or dare game we played in our tent at night. That always got crazy.

We arrived at the camp site after a three hour drive. We still managed to get there at the same time as the rest of the cars. We were assigned the new campers for our tent. Mitchel and James would be joining us. Our tent now had. The senior Mitchel (We call him Mitch), Martin, David, Me, James, Mitchel (freshmen) and one 10th grader Brian.

There were not as many kids at camp this summer, a lot of people dropped this year. Anyway, we started putting up the tent.
"So what do you think of High School Running so far?" I asked James and Mitchel.
"It's really not different," Mitchel said. James had headphones in so he didn't hear the question.
"What are you listening to?" I asked as I pulled his headphones out.
"Wicked" He said as he put them back in and went on ignoring everyone. What the fuck was Wicked anyway?

"Go on a run and then Free Time until 10:30. then tent time. I really don't care when you get to sleep as long as you get up on time in the morning" The coach announced to us. Finally the real fun was about to begin....after we ran of course.
Short chapter but I'm really trying to just set up the setting and characters. This is kinda based on some stuff I experienced at High School Cross Country Camp. Sorry if you don't understand some of the terms from track and XC.

Suggestions?
Dare_R12 is offline   Reply With Quote