Thread: Fiction: The New Kid
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
blehblah
Account Banned

Post The New Kid

This is my first Story... so please keep the mean comments to a minimum. The beginning is boring, but trust me, it gets more exciting.

Lily was 16 years old, and she used to live in New York City. And then... her family moved.
For Lily moving meant new life. New clothes, new stores, new friends, new school, new everything. She was an optimistic, glass-half-full, happy-go-lucky type of person when she was little. But as she went on with her life, like most people, she changed. For the worse or for the better, well that's your choice. She became more down to earth, realizing what life really was like. The only catch was, that, well, she didn't.
Lily's thoughts about the world were complicated. To put it simply, she thought everyone was exactly who they said they were. Until she met Shay.
Lily first walked into Jackson High, she was more excited then she'd ever had been. Shay walked over to her to introduce herself.
"Hi! I'm Shay. I'm a junior here at Jackson High. You're the new kid, right? I could show you around, if you want."
"That would be lovely!" Lily responded enthousiasticly.
"Right. Ok, so, first off, your locker is number 9274. You'll have to share a locker with me, since some of the hallways are being renovated. We can go over there and put your books in your locker. Sounds good?"
"Mm-hm." Shay led her over to the locker number 9274. She whispered to her that the combination to the lock was 4729, because it was easy to remember. If you ever forgot, you could just look at the locker backwords and it would give you the combination. Lily neatly put her books in and closed the door.
"Hey, Lily, me and some of the other kids in the junior year, and even a couple of seniors, we're having a game of truth or dare at my house. It'll be fun, you should come!"
"When is it?"
"10 until morning. It's a sleepover thing, I hope that's OK..."
"It's fine! My mom says she wants me making new friends anyways, so I'll be there."
"Do you want me to pick you up? I have a car, so I can if you want."
"Oh, could you do that for me? That would be great if you would!"
"No prob! See ya tonight." Lily smiled at her one last time, and walked away to get to class. "No problem at all.." Shay repeated, smirking to herself.
blehblah is offline   Reply With Quote