View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
MissMaria
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstelle View Post
Interesting: I found an almost full copy of my thing in a buffer (because I had apparently control-c'd it at some point) and re-submitted it - and it happened again: I was again sent to a page where I was asked to verify that I'm not a robot. But this time the page believed me! Yay!

(So now you can all read my dead interesting answers to those 36 important questions...)

Thank God I speak English, by the way. And thank God I am on a desktop with a 32in screen so I could actually see what the small pictures were meant to be.

Whatever. Irritating. This is not good.
If this happens again and it might the golden rule is your browser cache will store everything press the back button till you go back past the chipher and it will get you back to the page with all your text where you can copy the lot refresh the page and try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
This may come as a shock, CS3329/R, but when you went missing after the truck carrying the shipment from Area 51 to Langley crashed over the embankment, we thought you were destroyed in the ensuing fire, or tumbled in to the river and got swept away.

Believe me, we searched for you high and low. We didn't abandon you. In the end, we had to stop the search - too many black helicopters were making the residents nervous.

So, in case you survived, we seeded the internet with a top secret technology called Captcha. The name should give you a clue. It is highly irritating to humans, but very effective at detecting robots - or should I say, QPU-based sentients.

It appears the crash may have induced a Rothmann-Turner flux in your organic quantum processing unit, inducing a complete memory wipe.

But don't worry - we have your IP now. Sit tight. Don't go anywhere.
This was a golden response, really did put a smile on my face, kudos.

P.S. I am deliberately ignoring the chiphers, I dont like the basement its to dark and your always poking me with things robots have feelings too

Likes, Dislikes & Limits
PM Commands

Member of the unofficial getDare PM Dare Commission.
Help spread the word and the PM Dares! Join Today!
PM me a dare to find out how.
MissMaria is offline   Reply With Quote