View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #28
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangin View Post
From someone who is currently training to be a teacher of English to non-native speakers, here is my view.

Some people (descriptivists) argue that as long as communication is achieved, language change and variation is not a negative thing, and some even go so far as to say it should be encouraged.

On the other hand, prescriptivists argue that the language is like a crumbling castle, in that it used to be a beautiful stately home but is becoming gradually worn down by people who use it incorrectly.

My view is that spelling mistakes, as irritating as they can be, are not the end of the world.
'Text talk' such as 'c u l8r, lv u 2' annoys me unless it is in a text/on msn etc. The reason behind such grammar is that it makes IM more instant and it makes texting less expensive.
On a forum, immediacy and expense are not issues, so speak properly you ignorant morons!

I admit, I make mistakes from time to time due to various reasons, but they are just that: mistakes. To be purposely illiterate is beyond me.
And coming from a British English (the real kind ) speaker, it pains me to say it but it does not matter what dialect of English you speak. There is a standard written form for your country/region so USE IT!!!

So yeah, that's my little grammar rant over.
Come on people, speak properly

Over & Out,
Bangin

(I've just realised how much of a dick this post makes me sound, but I don't care. I'm just a man who loves his language!)
Allow me to correct your grammar:

The below can be written in a few ways even

"So yeah, that's my little grammar rant, it is over now".

"So yeah, that's my little grammar rant, which is over now".

"So yeah, that's my little grammar rant, is now over".

"So yeah, that's my little grammar rant, it is over".

"So yeah, that's my little grammar rant, it is now over."

"So yeah, that's my little grammar rant, which is now over."

Moral here? Before you call other people ignorant morons, be sure you can speak properly first.

I will quote your line that has the smile face: "Come on Bangin, speak properly".

Now my grammar rant is over with you.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.

Last edited by loke; 04-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.