Thread: Fiction: Dare of the Dead
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
fuzzydice70

When I got home, I kissed my wife and said hello. We went into the living room to watch some TV, and prepare to go over to the Peterson's. The news was blabbering on about zombies, and their recent attacks because people were too stupid to close their doors. I turned it off, and asked, "When are we going over there?"

"Whenever you want." Sheila replied.

"Well let's go over now." I decided. I went to the closet and got out two belts. These belts were specially designed to repel zombies by releasing a frequency that makes them move away. It has a short battery though, and is only used to go short distances, like across the street.

We put the belts on and gathered up everything we were taking over. I activated my belt and opened the door.

The street was filled with zombies, attracted from my ride home. To get across the street, we would have to be cunning and fast.

"Hey zombies! Look at us! We have on zombie repellent belts! You'd better get away!" my wife yelled. Not exactly what I had planned.

"Well, let's get this over with." I proposed. We began running towards the crowd. They separated, unable go towards the belts. Soon we were at the gate to the electric fence, which opened up for us. We walked in and it closed on the walking dead behind us.

"Nate!" Dale Peterson called, holding out his hand to shake mine.

"Dale you crazy bastard you!" I shook his hand and gave him a pat on the back. "Look at this awesome fence!"

"Yeah, they only touch that sucker once, and then shamble off, towards your house!" he laughed, and I did too. "Anyways, you wanna come inside?"

"Sure thing." I said.

"Well after you then." he gestured for us to go into the house and we did, meeting Loraine at the door. I could smell the ham in the other room, which smelled delicious.

"Smells great Loraine." I commented.

"Well, you can't blame me if it doesn't taste the same, Dale was the one who cooked it." she joked.

"Well I'm sure I won't have a problem." I replied. We all walked inside, ignoring the moans and the zapping coming from the fence.

"So, how was work today?" Dale asked, after we sat down at the table.

"Oh, fine. Why weren't you there?" I asked.

"Something came up. How did that meeting turn out?" he questioned.

"Not good, the CEO got eaten!" I exclaimed.

"Well, I suppose someone will get a promotion then." Dale thought out. "Maybe you!"

"It would be nice! I would like to get one of those nice fences!" I said, "So, how much did that thing set you back anyways?"

"Oh, not much, not much. It's just a dandy thing, isn't it? No more boarded windows, no more waiting until a migration to get the newspaper! Simply wonderful!" Dale stated. He sighed, "It's totally worth it!"

"Well, I'll definitely think about it." I concluded.

"That's good boys, now how about we eat?" Loraine suggested. We began passing the plates around, and began our meal.

"Well Loraine, this is simply scrumptious!" Sheila commented. "What is in this potato salad?"

"Brains!" a zombie's scream echoed from outside.

"Potatoes dear." Loraine replied, smiling. "I'll give you the recipe after we eat if you want it."

"That would be lovely." Sheila nodded.

The rest of the meal went on like that, with us commenting on things and discussing work, and blah, blah, blah. Eventually, it was time for us to leave. We went to the door.

"Well Dale, Loraine, thanks for a wonderful time." I thanked, opening the door. I looked outside, seeing the enormous crowd still there. "Well, better put it on feeding frenzy setting!" I said, reaching for my belt. Suddenly I remembered something. "Oh no!" I exclaimed. "I left my belt on! It's dead!"

"Mine too!" Sheila noticed.

"Well, you're not going to get through that crowd without your belt or a gun, and we don't have any guns!" Dale warned. "I have an idea, how about you guys stay the night! C'mon, it'll be fun! We'll stay up late, watch a movie, and, oh, I have a great idea! How about we play a little, truth or dare?" he suggested, smiling.

I knew it!
fuzzydice70 is offline   Reply With Quote