Thread: Xbox live
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
Eon_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
First off, you don't even have a Blu-Ray Player, so stop saying that it is overhyped. The quality is far better for both sound and picture on Blu-Ray. Secondly, its not overpriced, you are paying one upfront fee, rather than having hidden fees. Like paying for the online service, and paying $100 to make the system wireless. So, the $300 for a pro system, plus the $100 for the wireless adapter, and wow, its the same price as a PS3 now. And I would much rather play a game like Oblivion, and not have to worry about switching discs all the time. The PS3's Blu-Ray Player is honestly still a great one as well, and works just the same as any other player. Now, give me one reason why the 360's service is better. Is it because of the fact that more people play on it? How does that make it better when its a bunch of stupid ass little kids making stupid comments? While you pay $50 for something thats completely free, I'll be buying an additional game each year.

Actually I have had a good chance to evaluate a blu-ray player, I admit it's good, but overhyped, it's not that far off HD television; I'm saying it's not really something that can elevate the PS3 above the xbox. And where are you getting these irate numbers from? I payed £40 (so about $60) max to get my system online and the wireless adapter. The service offered by xbox live is better simply because it is paid for, microsoft dedicate more external servers to the xbox's; this makes game search time quicker and makes the games play better online. Our lobby systems are also much more effective from the ones on the PS3 where it is near impossible to play with your friends very easily. So we're back to the only thing you have being the blu-ray player. About it. And if you think about it, surely if there are more xbox live subscribers than there are PSN, then surely it is the better system? People would rather pay for that system than sony's and so there are more players.

And yes, XD, this is going way off topic!

Last edited by Eon_Blade; 06-30-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Eon_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote