View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 04:42 AM   #98
nonstopdisco

Thanks Demon Thief, I had a lot of fun writing this. Hope everyone's enjoying reading it, here's some more.

"Please don't make me" I said quietly completely embarrassed by the situation "I wasn't sleeping"

"What was that?" the teacher said sternly "repeat what I just said before I woke you up and I'll let you off"

"Errm, I can't remember" I replied feeling defeated "can I just stand here and do it?"

My heart was beating, I was terrified that the class might find out I was barefoot.

"No!" she demanded "You'll come to the front like I asked"

I was shaking all over and I curled my toes on the carpet tiles in a futile attempt to cover my shame. My mind began swimming for a way to explain myself.

"Well hurry up then!" she shouted "you're holding the class up!"

Suddenly Phil kicked his shoes off and knocked them to me under the table making sure no one noticed.

"Here, borrow these" he whispered obviously realising my situation "I noticed you were barefoot when you were sat down"

I put my feet in the shoes, which were slightly big on my feet and leaped up from my chair. I quickly walked to the front of the class. I suddenly heard murmurings and whispering. I stood behind the teachers desk while she stood at the window near the back.

"Right John, run on the spot" she ordered "and tell me that you won't fall asleep in my class again"

I started jogging, being careful not to let Phil's shoes fly off.

"I won't fall asleep in your class again miss" I said as I carried on jogging. The class erupted with laughter.

"What was that?" the teacher said with a grin "I couldn't hear!"

"I won't fall asleep in your class again miss!" I said a lot louder this time.

"good, now go back to your seat" she said with a smile.

I felt totally humiliated, the class were still laughing at me but didn't say anything as the teacher was present.

"Right turn to page 34 and complete the exercises at the top of the page" the teacher said "I'll be back shortly"

The teacher stood up and left the room.

"Thanks for that" I said as I kicked Phil his shoes back.

"What happened to your shoes?" Phil whispered almost as soon as she left the room.

"I lost a bet with my mate, that's all" I whispered back "he's gonna give them back at break time"

"Thats hilarious mate, seriously that's made my day on top of that little bit of jogging you just did" he said with a grin "what kind of bet was it?"

"it was on a game of football" I said sticking to the story from earlier "I got big headed and thought I'd win"

"that's funny mate" he chuckled as he pat me on the back "bad luck!"

I was surprised at how he'd reacted to my story but I started to work through the maths problems and played along.

"yeah, but I'll get him back" I joked "he was just lucky earlier"

"I like it" he smiled "do you make many bets like this?"

"not really" I replied, wondering why he was asking me this "how about you?"

"A few times" he grinned "but i've never been quite as unlucky as you"

"what's the worst thing you've had to do then?" I asked now taking an interest.

"That'd be when I had to put my brother's socks in my mouth" he whispered back. "what about you?"

"Sitting barefoot in class right now" I replied, keeping all of yesterday's activities hidden "That's gross though, how did you end up losing to your brother like that?"

"We were playing playstation and I really thought I was gonna win" he replied "I think he set the whole thing up to be fair"

"Well, it could've been worse" I joked "I can't wait to get my shoes back"

"haha, I'm impressed you've gone through with that though buddy" he said with a proud smile "I reckon I'd probably have chickened out"

"I never chicken out of a dare!" I exclaimed with confidence "I'm just careful what bets I make"

"you daredevil!" he laughed.

"Right class, I'll give you five more minutes then we'll check the answers" the teacher suddenly shouted as she stepped back into the room a moment "I don't want anyone getting any more than two wrong"

"heats on" I joked to Phil "better get scribbling"

"hey, wanna make a bet?" Phil whispered back "you do owe me for saving your ass back then."
nonstopdisco is offline   Reply With Quote