Thread: Fiction: The Dolls' House
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #174
Wordsmiff
Distinguished Member

Default Chapter 57: The assemblage

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

Edward woke up with a start. He sensed that something was not quite right. He saw that Megan and Melanie were asleep either side of him. Looking at the clock, he saw that it was only eight o clock in the evening. He’d satisfied himself with the two girls several times and had fallen asleep soon afterwards. What was wrong?

He woke up Megan. “Megan?” he said, shaking her shoulder.

Megan yawned and looked up at him. “Yes, Sir,” she said with a smile. “Do you want to fuck again?”

“No,” Edward said. “Get your phone.”

While Megan was scrambling out of bed, Edward woke up Melanie. “Melanie?” he said.

Melanie looked up at him. “Yes, Sir?”

Megan came back to the bed with her phone.

“Call your sister,” Edward said.

“Kayleigh?” Megan said.

“Yes,” Edward said, “Tell her to come to the house, first thing in the morning. Tell her to bring school friends with her, as many as possible. And at least two of them should bring their school uniforms with them to change into when they’re here.”

Megan dialled Kayleigh’s number. “It’s ringing,” she said to Edward. After a few seconds, she spoke into the phone. “Hi, Kay, it’s me, Meg. Can you get some of your friends together and meet me for some fun partying?”

While Megan was talking to Kayleigh and giving her the details, Edward turned to Melanie.

“Melanie,” Edward began, “I want you to go down into the tunnels and find out what’s happening down there. You’ll know what to do when you get there.”

Melanie nodded and got out of bed.

“Don’t get dressed,” Edward said, “Go down naked. It’ll be more convincing.”

“Okay,” Melanie said. She left the bedroom.

Edward got out of bed and rummaged in the pocket of his jacket. He took out some silver rings. He had fifteen altogether. Eight rings had already been used. That left him with seven. He hoped that seven would be enough when Kayleigh and her virgin friends arrived in the morning.

~*~

The group of teenagers, led this time by Katie, made their way slowly and carefully along the dark tunnel, lit up only by the light of a slowly fading torch.

“The batteries are going,” Luke said, referring to the dimming torch.

“No shit,” Tim replied sarcastically. “Can you get me an application form for that club of yours?”

“Club?” Luke was confused.

“Yeah,” Tim said, “The Society for the Bleeding Obvious.”

“Be quiet, you two,” Mark said, “Something’s not right.”

“What do you mean?” Becky whispered.

“Not sure,” Mark said, “Just something.” He paused. “I can feel it in my fingers.”

“Can you feel it in your toes?” Luke said.

“Everyone stop,” Mark ordered.

Everyone stopped moving and, for about a second afterwards, there was a scurrying sound somewhere. Then it went quiet.

“Did you hear that?” Mark asked.

“What?” Becky whispered.

“Not sure.” Mark shone the torch round behind the group but the beam was so dim that they could see nothing. “I think we’re being followed,” he said.

“Followed?” Becky asked, nervously. “By who?”

“Whom?” Tim corrected her. “By whom.”

“This is no time for an English lesson,” Mark said. He tried the flashlight again but it had faded, leaving them in the dark.

“What now?” Kirsty asked. “Ow!”

“What’s wrong?” Mark wanted to know.

“My foot,” Kirsty said, “I thought I felt something brush past it.”

“Katie,” Mark said. “Follow Katie. She’ll lead us where we need to go. Everyone hold hands, make a chain. Stay together.”

Katie started moving forward in the dark and the others followed her.

~*~

Despite the darkness, the dolls watched the group of humans fumbling along the tunnel and then followed them as silently as they could.

To be continued...
Wordsmiff is offline   Reply With Quote