Thread: Underage Slaves
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

I too share concerns about this, and it's one of the reasons I don't post here often. But then as someone else pointed out, it's better underage submissives have a place they can ask questions and get grown up answers, reducing their chances of getting hurt.

To answer the question why shouldn't 15 year olds be allowed to have D/s relationships, it is because most 15 year olds are not in a position to make an informed decision. I have met and talked to a lot of subs who got into this too early, who were raped in play sessions, were physically hurt and some permanently scarred and diseased through unsafe knife play. Sure, older people can make those mistakes too, but they tend to have more life experience and a better perception of potential longterm risks.

It's also illegal (in the UK at least). There are already movements to make what we do illegal among consenting adults, and one thing they've already decided is that a minor cannot consent to have extreme play inflicted on them. So, like it or not, you can be married at 17, but if your husband ties you up and flogs you, he's legally guilty of assaulting you, however much you love it.

Parts of the law are crazy, and we have no defining date at which you become an adult that all agencies agree on. Sadly.

If you're a 16 year old you can have full intercourse with me (go on, I'll let you), but if you send me a picture of your bits unsolicited to my phone I am effectively a criminal. The law is there to protect all parties, but it's never been properly thought through,

The club I run, age limit is 18. We've even discussed raising it to 21 because most 18 year olds are not ready for it in reality (sorry guys), but we've taken the stance that we'd rather the people played on a public scene where they can be looked after and hopefully kept safe than meet some random off the internet and go to their house.

It's a challenging dilemma though.