View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
bstrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leuler View Post
I was just very confused at the first game as this battleship-game doesn't use the usual rules. Wasn't able to find the last ship of my oponent because it's allowed to place 2 ships next to each other. usualy that's forbidden.
And it would also be nice if you (as in the usual game) you have another turn after a 'hit'. That way you'll always have a chance to win. If your last ship is hitten and you still have 2 ships to find it's impossible to win without that rule (not very likely - but possible )
There's actually a lot of ways to play Battleship; from what I remember in typical board games I've played, allowing ships to touch (but not cross) is okay, but most of the time (not always) I have played with the ruleset where you get to shoot again after a hit. It's probably a good idea to allow for some of the more common ways to play Battleship when possible, so I'll probably add these modes in the future as a 2nd config page for games (not immediately, but in the next few weeks or so unless I get swamped...). I'll also default to whatever people think should be the best rule set.

Quote:
And (as i'm playing on a desktop-computer) it's very anoying to click after every singel turn of me and my oponent. Make it a 3 seconds delay and better visible where the Computer made its hit and it would be better
Seems to be a common complaint so far. So I probably will adjust this to a 3 second delay or so as a default. There will be an option to bring back the "next turn" button if you want, as it isn't too difficult to do this sort of "either / or" config.

Quote:
And what also would be nice: A 'random' button for your ships. When i play online i usualy click random and just move 1 or 2 ships a little bit. That's easyer ^^
On game setup, the icon on the bottom right() will randomly place the ships. I'll admit that this graphic isn't instantly intuitive; there really isn't a great universal icon for "random" that I know of, unfortunately (the icon I used is often used in music players for "shuffle", but it's not as universal as, say, a check mark). So for the next release I'll probably add text to the graphics icon so it's a bit clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForADare View Post
Can’t get this to work in any browser for some reason?
Sorry to hear that. The game engine I use for the UI does offer some exports for running out of the browser Android, iOS, and a couple of desktop platforms. Maybe I can provide alternate compiles to help situations where running in the browser doesn't work. If you let me know the OS, I can experiment with this for the next release.
bstrp is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to bstrp for this post: