Thread: Fiction: Marty meets Mia and Charlie
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #27
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Marty meets Mia and Charlie, Chapter 4, Part 6

When the CD ended I sat for a few minutes, I was feeling pretty good about how this would go. I had thought through a lot of what Marty might say - and how to respond to him. I would not make it easy for him.

In the kitchen I got the now-filled bucket I had brought up with me. Quietly I crept down the stairs, bare feet silent on the steps. There was enough light from the door at the top that I didn't need to turn any on, I knew the way and could see enough to slowly get in front of the chair and drench him again. He wasn't expecting that!!

He called my name but it fell on deaf ears as I crept back upstairs to let him sit in misery a bit longer. If I was going to interrogate him I wanted him to be tired and miserable, eager to respond and open up.

I paused to consider once again what I knew about his recent activities. I had had over a week to figure things out and keep an eye on him. He was in deep doo-doo.

Time for more wine, with cheese? Keep soothing my spirit with another Loreena McKennitt CD? I think so. He could sleep down there for all I cared. I guess you have to love someone to feel this angry - and I finally admitted to myself that I was more than a little angry with him.

--

Last edited by MarvHarvey; 01-06-2018 at 10:49 PM.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote