Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #1782
Angelsaredying

I've actually got hope for Peter, I didn't particularly like him, but that may be because -unlike usual regenerations- he'd lost his mind. At first, he didn't even feel like the Doctor, almost like he was struggling.

Clara's feelings seemed to capture my own, and I think, other fans'. He's different, older, and a lot of people are unsure, because he doesn't feel like the Doctor. Some, are complaining about the him not being younger and perhaps being some 'eye-candy', but that's not who the Doctor is.

Looking back, the episode may have been absolutely random and nonsensical. Or, Steven Moffat is actuslly a genius.

If you really start to look at the episode, and all the little things, it's more than watching it happen; we're seeing their emotions. The Doctor being overwhelmed, after his re-entering, because, it had felt like it was the end in the movie. Clara, not knowing how to cope, because change happens and we don't always like it straight away. Her best friend was taken, but came back slightly different. The obvious hints at The Girl in the Fireplace were there to show that he is still the Doctor, just as others were when everyone fell for them, almost screaming at himself, because can't remember how to be, when he feels differently, yet, at the same time, he is still the Doctor. The scene where he left Clara was a shock, but it had the emotions that we saw, the Doctor would never leave her. It all seemed so perfect when he had her back, almost like he was /her/ Doctor in that second. We then have the Doctor's ever painful turmoil on whether he is right or wrong, a killer or saviour, angel or devil. Even the dinosaur was a representation of the Doctor; old and out of place, feeling so alone and different, missing what he had.
Maybe Moffat knew what he was doing? Or, I'm reading way to far into the confusing story.

Hey, thanks for having a look, feel free to say hi...
I'm always up for a challenge or dare, check out the blog to see recent reports.
Extra info is in the links!

Kik: callmewhqtever
Please attack me with PM dares on kik!

PM dares

Likes, dislikes and limits

My Toys

Last edited by Angelsaredying; 08-24-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Angelsaredying is offline   Reply With Quote