Thread: Underage Slaves
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #22
Mzenth

Send a message via MSN to Mzenth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

That's not my point. That's fine, if you wanna do that. Your choice. Nobody's stopping you.

My point is that getDare, as a site, enforces a stict "18+ only" policy when it comes to both posting an advert in the SM forum, and when advertising for Masters or slaves in your signature.

So say a 16 year old has this in their signature - "16/m looking for a Master" - most likely it'll be removed because getDare has its 18+ rule to abide by laws and to stay on the safe side. However, there have been some TORD Online threads such as "16/m needs strict punishment for slave" and things along those lines. To my mind, that's also advertising the fact you're underage in terms of the getDare rules, and therefore should be removed.

I agree with you 100%.
The rule is there for a reason, to protect younger users and for legality reasons but it seems that it's a flexible rule so to speak.
20 something year olds telling a 15 year old what dares they should do and the majority of them are sexual..it just doesn't seems right to me that staff allow that.
I understand that they can't put a complete stop to that as it's a 13+ forum with thousands of members but it needs to be addressed at least.

As someone stated above kinklife is there for 18+ but there needs to be a place for 13-17 year olds without being subject to adult material and that it is made sure that there is no such thing within that nature.

I also understand that 13 - 17 year olds are just getting to know the selves and getting to know about sex etc but that could easily be done in a enviroment where there isn't any sexual material.
Like myself I joined this site to know more about the lifestyle and have some innocent fun on TorD but it seems the content of the website is quite sex based really, that 13+ can have sexual material thrown at them and no one blinks an eyelid!

I think that the staff want to make it a place that anyone can come and have fun without many boundries or an endless list of don't dos and that is a GREAT thing that will help younger users to gain knowledge and have fun.
It's just there is a fine line between having fun and having too much fun that they are to young to have.
All in all I agree that staff need to discuss that aspect of things.