View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
Invisible
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to Invisible

It seems to me that this is largely an intractable problem. The core of the problem is that there is no way of verifying the age of people on GD. I'm not even sure if ages are required to set up an account, but I do know that they don't have to be displayed - I think this would be an improvement.

This is a problem not just for underage people getting "hit on" by older people. It is also a problem for older people not being able to tell the age of the people they are interracting with. Hence, why I think making the displaying of the age compulsory would be a step forward.

The other thing I have noted is that the site does not have a landing page the comes up before you enter. On adult sites you generally have something that says "This site contains adult content..." and you have the choice to enter or not. Whilst this would not be appropriate for GD because it is open to all, it would create a place where you could put some of the rules.

Finally, the mods do a fantastic job but I know they must get inundated with requests. People who hit up underagers need to be dealt with swiftly and decisively. Some way of electronically triaging these reports as a priority would be an advantage too.

That's my two cents worth.