View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
collegeboy

Heart Blake and Eden (II)

Blake's thumbs moved rapidly as he approached his moment of victory, "That's it!"

Blake had won. He was playing video games with Troy, Zach, and Dustin. It was Sunday evening. The group had just met, having only just moved into the residence hall yesterday afternoon. Yet, the four of them had quickly begun to establish a friendship. They were all freshmen, beginning their first year of college. Troy was Blake's roommate, and the two of them seemed to be getting along pretty well so far. Zach and Dustin shared the dorm room across the hall, in which they were all now gathered.

"Good game," said Troy, "I guess I'd better take off though. I promised Sophie I'd spend some time with her this evening before classes start tomorrow morning."

"So the girl's stealing all your time, huh?" Zach joked, "You sticking around, Blake?"

"Can't," answered Blake, "I have a date for a video chat with Eden."

"Sure," Dustin replied, "Just leave us single guys to fend for ourselves."

"Poor things," Troy teased.

"See you later," said Blake as he and Troy they left the room.

Blake envied Troy. He and his high school sweetheart were attending the same university. Troy would get to be with Sophie all the time, while Blake and Eden could only interact online. What he wouldn't do to be able to see his girlfriend every day.

"Lucky guy," Blake thought jealously as he sat down in front of his computer to talk to his girlfriend, "I suppose that's life."

For now her virtual image would have to do, but at least he would be visiting Eden next weekend. It was what it was.
collegeboy is offline   Reply With Quote