Thread: Is it safe?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Default Nail polish on genitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
"Is it safe to use nail polish on your clit as a punishment? I did this once when it was little and I can't recall the feeling so I want to try it and see how it feels now, but I'm worried it might be harmful. Would it be more or less harmful than toothpaste?"

I actually have already written something on this before, it was just a matter of finding it again. Which I somehow managed to do, soooo here goes.

Alright, to start out, There was a separate thread started on this here : http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=51306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelen View Post
You're using paint on skin - paint in fact that's known for it having to be strong enough when applied to deal with the rigors of an office day without chipping (too much).

Like any product that wasn't developed to be applied for skin and particularly not developed for skin so delicate as the genital skin - it can, potentially, have some harmful effects.

For safety's sake i would urge you to switch to something along the lines of an eyeliner pencil, or - for something a little more permanent - a marker without additives to the ink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cara.loverin1989 View Post
Nail polish, so i have read, is very dangerous on skin. It has no effects on the skin around a nail because it is a little different than other areas. If nail polish is left on skin in med to large patches it can lead to skin cancer. Plus, nail polish removers are also semi harmful in sensitive areas. So, in short, dont do it!
I have to agree with what both of those posts. On a different thread this was also added In response to someone elses thoughts:

Quote:
No worries on nailpolish. It hurts a little (due to the solvent) but no permanent issues. Have done it & is not a problem. Kinda cool in fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
Anything that causes pain by simply putting it on your skin is a BAD idea. Not only that, but if you have some cuts on your skin and you apply it over it can enter your blood stream. Last time I checked benzene and formaldehyde weren't things you wanted to spread over yourself, especially not your genitals, last time I checked they were both rather toxic.

Just because something is widely accepted in use doesn't always make it safe, learn what you're putting yourself in connact with.

I went looking for articles on this, and now I don't even want to use nail polish on my finger nails... I sugest you check it out before you go puting it everywhere... I have a feeling you won't wish to anymore.

http://www.articlesbase.com/nails-ar...h-2796199.html

http://keralaclick.com/blog/2008/12/...#axzz0uxGsp8CP

After you've read those tell me they're safe. That there are no worries. Just because you didn't immedietly drop dead doesn't mean there isn't anything that happend...
The links in that quote should give you all the information you need to turn you away from the idea of using nail poilish for anything but your nails and may even stop you from that.

Now as for it being safer than toothpaste, I would have to say yes. Though tooth paste can have some icky stuff in it, the nail poilish has even worse. There is a post about tooth paste above if you're still courious, and you should be safe with it, just keep it for more or less external use and wash good after you're done.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote