View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 02:55 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

70 Views and no reaction, though; 10 of those are mine.

I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this as well. Personally, I agree with exploringall. I am against the Facebook (person above) dares but I am unsure whether they should be disallowed or left alone. One thing is sure, though, and which I take action against, is when such (Facebook/social media) pictures are posted publically on getDare. Like exploringall said, there is quite a percentage of people that doesn't want to be associated with websites such as getDare or any kinky website for that matter. But it's a bit more complex than this because if pictures can already be found all over the internet (reversed image search) then why wouldn't the images be allowed on getDare? As long as you don't claim to be the person, unless you actually are the person, obviously.

The most difficult part is to verify whether the pictures are indeed of someone else, let alone verifying whether that person cares about the postage of their pictures. But let's make it simpler by agreeing that nobody ever gives consent to anyone to post them somewhere. Then it's still difficult to verify whether the pictures posted or used in an avatar is taken from Facebook because reversed image search (on Google) doesn't display Facebook images when they are not accessible by not-logged-in guests. (right?) Moreover, it's impossible to check each and every image or avatar on getDare.

So what do others think of Facebook pictures on getDare? I wouldn't like my picture on a website that promotes something I dislike or am strongly against. But even if this were the case, I don't think that someone would discover it and even if they did, I can just say that it isn't I on that website.

By the way, claiming to be someone you're not to gain something results in an infraction. Especially when the actual person in the used imagery explicitly says that they don't want their pictures used on getDare, which happens a few times before. Even if they have over a thousand posts. (true story )

I remember that there was such a discussion as this one in the past, but I couldn't find it.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote