View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
wme

Don't take the metaphor of Audrey in a Jungle so Literally
__________________________________________________ __________
Chapter 3: A New Life

I walk down from my room. Questionable, what my future holds. I say to my sister, tears running down my face, "I am ready for my change, fellow sister." And she gets out of the chair she was sitting in, hugs me so tightly that I feel so warm, brushes a tear from my face, delicate as a flower, and says, "Audrey, don't be sad, you will love being a girl. You aren't changing. You've always been this way. I am not mad about this. I'm very happy. Almost happy enough to forgive you for not telling me how you were lying to the internet about your gender for 3 years. But that's not important. What's important, is that I've found my sister after 3 years, destroyed from being in the wild. The only clothes you could find were male. And you've grown hair everywhere, but that can all change. Welcome back to civilization. I love you." She stroked one hair from my face, and pulled it across the back of my head.

I smiled. I felt so relieved for some reason. She was right. I was lost, a person in another form, but, I had found myself on the internet. Audrey.

YOU CAN SCREW ME UP BUT YOU CAN'T PIN ME DOWN