Thread: Fiction: The Cruise
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia13calcio View Post
It has the 20th most posts of all stories on Getdare. It has the 13th most views of all stories on Getdares. It's ranking in a 4.74. It is 32419 words. 62 pages on Microsoft Word. And thirty four chapters. I think, by all measures except for the fact that I did not finish it, it is a success. And you cannot judge a story simply on that, just as you cannot say Lebron sucks at basketball because he has no rings - http://chasing23.com/ring-counting/.

And are you staying you don't even want me to start this story? Thats the only reason I can think of as to why you are attacking me before even reading my story.
To use Lebron as an example, you need to get the analogy correct. Lebron FINISHES the games he plays in. He competes to the very END! If Lebron played only 3 quarters then said "I'm not playing in the 4th!" that would be the equivalent to you not finishing your story! Yes, everyone would rate Lebron a FAILURE if he didn't FINISH the entire game!

In literary terms, imagine what the world would be like if they stopped writing the Bible after the Old Testament because they had a new exciting story idea!
Memories for Life is offline   Reply With Quote