Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #213
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Daleks... TOOO SOOOOON! Really should have wait maybe a whole season so no one was thinking about them and seriously why put them in the advert it left nothing for a surprise. I do like the colours though, that was needed, but just to clarify Daleks in the third episode, aweful aweful aweful idea!

Daleks... perfect time. Out of the way (hopefully) until the series finale, Christmas, or next year. And advert or not, the title gives it away. Plus, be fair, they haven't been in the show since 2009 (apart from a brief scene in "The Waters of Mars"). Story-wise, it was about 5 stories ago but it's been a lengthy time off-screen. Plus Moffat probably did them to re-establish them as a threat and to get them out of the way. Maybe to prove this is still Doctor Who too. Also, he cleverly got them done and dusted in one episode - huge threat still out there in a decent story.

In addition to the "too soon" thing, it's interesting to note that RTD had Daleks in his first drafts/ideas for "The End of Time". He only dropped them once Moffat said he'd put them in Series Five.

WW2.... Sigh... Bored.... So many Sci-Fi programs set in WW2, it's just too cheesy now. At least empty child / doctor dances didn't interact with major players.

But with the Daleks practically being Nazis, it works. It works even better when the Daleks are apparently the allies...

Like the look of the whole crack thing although it's a bit excessively obvious at the moment. Bad Wolf was done better as it was something you picked up on subconscious rather than having it rammed down your throat.

They'll tone it down now. It was just to get the point across. And, again, it's only like Torchwood being shoehorned in every story. Heck, we even got some horrible "Bad Wolf" references. "Turn Left" just went mad. Talk about ramming it home.

Seems a tad rushed to me

Agreed. But then they'll be finding their feet. It's a brand new show in effect and we've gotta give the new production team time to settle in and find their feet.

Though I will say at least they appear to have a plan to combat the whole, everyone knows about aliens the worlds been invaded about a million times and no one can really be shocked any more.

Yeah. That's quite exciting. Will Moffat reset/retcon the RTD years somehow? Or is there a huge twist? Are Team TARDIS in a different universe altogether?

I'm not been picky but the new script writter is been a bit unthoughtful. Any sick stinks yet queen Lizy said nothing about the smell and nor did the kid. Plus they dried remarkably fast. sorry been watching the beast below.

The whole episode is quite poorly edited. Just one of those things you have to overlook. Overlook the holes and take it for what it is - 40 minutes of entertainment.

Has anyone else seen the doctor who adventures game advert?

Yes
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote