Thread: Xbox live
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #13
Eon_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
So, now you have a cord running through your house, a poor quality DVD player, using DVD's that scratch far easier than Blu-Ray Discs, and hold far less information than them as well, and you pay for something that is absolutely free on another system?
Sadly this is all PS3 owners can do; hold on to the fact they have blu-ray to make up for the fact they brought a overpriced grilling machine that just happens to play games when you slot them in, and they feel you have to justify this perchase to every xbox player in the world. Put frankly, blu-ray is overhyped, its disk may hold more space but most is just taken up by copied information so the laser won't get stressed by moving to quickly. If I wanted blu-ray I'd go and buy a blu-ray player and put it next to my xbox, which would work out at the same price as the PS3, and look much better. And yes we have to pay for our live subscriptions, but it's better than the free 'service' offered by sony by miles and I'd choose paying everytime. And the DVD player isn't exactly poor quality, on a HD TV it looks just fine, not far off blu-ray standards.

Oh yeah, and at least we can play games designed for the previous console.