View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #16
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenLicks View Post
IceMaiden has a lot of great points.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious as to why some people don't like sending vanilla pictures. Is it an irrational 'what if they somehow figure out my identity from the picture' worry, or just shyness or what?

Not that I'm saying people can't refuse to send 'normal' pictures (if something's a limit, I'm not going to press on it with a sub) but I'm just curious as to what is going on in the head of someone that refuses to.
For me personally, it was/is a combination of things. I have body confidence issues and in the past suffered with eating disorders to the point I was really sick and I absolutely hated any pictures of me, or seeing myself in mirrors etc. It was so bad that if I saw a picture of myself I would pick out all my flaws and agonise and cry over it and I thought along the lines of that is disgusting no one will like that/want to see that. Combined with anxiety, pictures/cam etc were an absolute nightmare for me. I still find it difficult at times even now to send some (vanilla or otherwise) to AM, no matter how many I have already sent to him and even after meeting in person, and no matter how many times he tells me I am cute, pretty, beautiful etc I don't think I will ever really believe it.

The other reason was about being found out, not because I didn't want anyone to know about my kinky side as most of my family and friends already know, but safety. I have been stalked in the past and it was exhausting and scary and I didn't want to risk that again, no matter how small the chance was, especially considering I am a parent so it isn't just me I have to worry about. With both kinky and vanilla picures I always edit out distinguishing marks still because of this to almost everyone.

And then even without the above, I am and always have been and probably always will be incredibly shy. Hope that explains some reasons for you
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!

Last edited by IceMaiden; 08-07-2017 at 09:24 AM.
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote