Thread: Fiction: My Sister's Friends
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
FLCL

Default My Sister's Friends

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on getDare and I'm pretty excited about it! I'm going to try to keep this story moving, so the reader (you!) doesn't get bogged down in boring details too early on. I hate when I have to read multiple chapters before anything exciting happens. Don't worry: I'll still be adding details where I think it benefits the story; I just don't want anyone getting bored before the good parts start!

Chapter 1

I was 16 the last summer before my older sister, Marie, went away to college. She and her friends were inseparable. They had known each other for years and were about to be split up for the first time. One weekend that summer, my parents went out of town for vacation and agreed to allow Marie to have a sleepover as long as things didn't get out of hand. Her friends arrived Friday evening with plans to stay until Sunday.

They came with sleeping bags, snacks, movies, CDs, and alcohol. I closed myself in my room with my computer and plans to spend the evening gaming and surfing the web. It really didn't bother me considering Marie was leaving in a few weeks. Anyway, I had plans to swipe a few of their drinks while they weren't paying attention.

So, I got lost in one of those internet trances where seconds turn into hours and before I knew it, it was 10 PM and someone was knocking at my bedroom door. I answered it to find Dakota, Marie's best friend. I remember she had medium-length dark brown hair, an athletic build, and a hint of freckles on her face. I always thought she was cute, if a little odd.

"Hey," she said, "Marie went to bed while we were watching a movie and now that it's over, we want to turn on some music. None of us know what we're doing; can you help, please?"

I replied that I would and followed her downstairs.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 users say Thank You to FLCL for this post: