Thread: Ben and Me
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
tomturk18

"Hey," Ben said, leaning back awkwardly. "Would you mind playing truth or dare -- like we used to?" I'm sure I look like a moron as I sat there looking at him puzzledly. But his words clarified everything. "Maybe it'll be easier to get everything out if we play truth or dare rather than me telling you everything at once." I nodded, suddenly unsure whether I'd ever be able to tell this guy no.

"You go first," I said, happy to let him take the lead. After all, it was his idea.

"Sure," he said. I swore he stole a glimpse at my chest before he continued. "Why do you think we grew apart?"

I closed my eyes and thought back to the days we used to hangout. Hide and seek, climbing into his tree house, and swimming in my pool where are activities of choice. However, once his voice started to crack and the girls started to swoon, I stepped out of the picture. " I guess," I said, nervous about telling him the truth."I guess I just felt like I wasn't growing up...like I wasn't developing enough and I was no longer good enough for you."

I looked down, as tears started to pool in the corners of my eyes. I didn't want him to see my shame. He was undaunted, however, and he use his thumbs to wipe away the tears before they fell. I looked back up, and tears were starting to pool in his eyes.

" I never felt that way, Jamie. I just thought you didn't want to hang out with me anymore. I am so sorry if I ever made you feel like you aren't good enough for me. That is so far from the truth. If anything, I'm not good enough for you.

Jamie grinned, and Ben smiled back. "Okay Jamie. Your turn."

I was ready for this, as I was very curious about one thing he had said earlier. "Why did the guys on your team give you a hard time about your interest in me?"

When he started to chew on his lower lip, though, I knew I was not prepared to hear what he was about to say.
tomturk18 is offline   Reply With Quote