Thread: Fiction: Immoral Teaching
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #23
fullofsecrets

Default Immoral Teaching Part Five

Heather walked slowly to class, but when she got there the teacher just sent her to her room because she couldn't stop crying. She made it to her room and sat on the bed, reached for her phone, and started a text message to Jack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heather - Jack, he has our letter! Our first letter! The one I sent you 3 months after we started dating.

He replied a few minutes later and the conversation continued.

Jack - What did he do to you, baby? Are you okay? I swear if they hurt you! If he touched you! Oh!

Heather - Jack, its okay. I'm fine. All he had to say..was....was that he was watching me. That everyone was watching me.

Jack - Maybe we should lay low for awhile, baby. Just for a little while. I can't bare for you to get hurt because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Heather - NO! Jack, you can't do that to me! I don't know how I'll survive without you!

Jack - Its just for a little while, just a little while, baby. I promise. I love you..

Heather - Jack, no. Please... Don't do this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was no other reply. Heather sobbed against her satin sheet-ed pillow. She wondered how he could do this. She knew that he loved her, but now she wasn't sure what she was going to do without him there to comfort her. And then she thought about how long it was going to take before it was safe again....a week? A month? A few months? She wasn't sure. She wasn't even sure who she could trust now.

At dinner, Heather left her room and went into the cafeteria. She stood in line and looked over at Jack who was already seated at his usual table. He looked away trying to hide the tears in his eyes. Heather sniffled and gathered her dinner: a turkey sub, a pear, a Cesar salad, and a can of soda.

After getting out of line she walked over to the table where her friends were seated. They both rushed to her and hugged her, being worried after hearing where she had been.

"Heather, oh my god, are you hurt?" Jessa asked.

Heather nodded. "Yes, I'm fine, okay? Please don't make a big scene in front of all these people," she begged.

"What happened?" Melody asked.

"Please, I don't want to talk about it right now. Just let me eat."

They all sat down at the table and ate silently, listening to each other breathe. Heather took deep breaths, trying to relax, but really having no affect on her poor nerves. She kept looking over her shoulder at Jack. He was avoiding eye contact. He didn't want to hurt her, she knew that. But in her mind only they could hurt her; he could never cause her any pain or harm, but now he was ignoring her and that hurt her more than ever on the inside.

Heather noticed a couple of the teachers watching her. She cringed and went back to eating her food and whispered, "look at them. They're watching me."

"We see," Melody commented.

When they finished they slowly threw their trash away and walked to the common room, trying not to draw any attention. They all held hands; Jessa and Melody trying to show Heather she wasn't alone, trying to provide her with some sort of safety.

They sat down in comfy arm chairs around a small coffee table and laid down a board game and began to play. Heather thought if she could retain some sort of normality, that she and Jack would be safe for a little while longer. But now, she was sure that soon enough they'd be caught, as the school librarian stared over at her whispering something into the phone on her desk.
I am the author of "A Hidden Voice" and "Immoral Teaching". Thank you for everyone's comments on my writing. And my stories do not continue without comments. That means *no new parts till there are new comments*
fullofsecrets is offline   Reply With Quote