View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Hawkward

Quote:
Originally Posted by causewhynot View Post
I really find it interesting how you sometimes look back on your life and suddenly go "... Ah! So that's why!" for things you didn't understand earlier.
This is exactly it! In a way, it's also slightly embarrassing since I wonder sometimes if my own family have inclines on "which way" I'd go between the two.

Another memory of mine, about a couple years before the last one, I used to live in a fairly nice house back when my parents were still a couple. One day, my dad had had bought me a toy police set - pretty much plastic police toys, one of the items was a pair of handcuffs that COULD lock, but had a large pin on them to open them back up.

While everyone else was out the house, I decided to mess around, and got the idea to try and lock my handcuffs to something. I tried different places around the house, when finally I reached upon the radiator!... However, I found it really difficult to undo the pin - whether it was broken or not, I can't remember. I heard someone come into the house, and I instantly rushed in a panic to free myself.

In fact looking back at that moment, I don't even remember if took the handcuffs from the radiator when I got free, though of course at the time, I'm sure my mum agreed with how I think now, in that I was "just a kid". Unlike the last time, while I got a rush, I don't think I enjoyed the panicking all much >_>

Even now, I'm still too afraid to own a pair of proper handcuffs in case I did something stupid.