Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #16
Hg.
getDare Sweetheart

I'm still rather 'iffy' about the new doctor - He seems mean.

First episode - Appears to a young girl home alone, demands to come into her house and shouts at her for excessive quantities of food, finding out that almost everyone she loved had left her after saying 'Be back in five minuites', then leaving her using the same line, making her become obsessed with him for I-forget-how-many-years to the extent of phyciatric help. From there appearing once for the main part of episode 1 with little care about the damage he did and then again a year after, interrupting her the night before her wedding day, to ensure even more emotional trouble on her.

Second episode - tells her to go off on her own, shouts at her for making a mistake while on her own that she cannot even remember, and managing to still being cruel to her even for a while after she saves the day and stops him having to kill his magical space-whale friend.

Thats probably the doing of the scriptwriters though, no qualms with the acting.

I also felt the idea of episode 2 was not built upon enough in the start, and the programme quickly got complicated as new concepts were added with no build up or foreshadowing.

That may just be me having trouble getting used to the new style, and it is the first couple of times Matt has played the role.

Woah.. That was a long review/rant.

I reserve the right to refuse to do any dare, and to subsequently update my limits from there
Up to hard limits is OK
..Not frequently active anymore
Hg. is offline   Reply With Quote