Thread: Fiction: Rent Free (R-18)
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...
Default The Decision is Made

"When are we moving?" Tina asked, somewhat surprised.
"This weekend. Saturday. The truck and the movers will be around from 8am onward."

Tina had a hard time believing it but, apparently, her mother had come through on that promise.

"Is is far from here? Far from school?"
"It's a little further, but there's a direct bus route."

Justine had just come back for her 'meeting' with her landlord. She tried as best as possible to hide the conflicted emotions she was bringing back along with the news. And Tina was equally working hard to hide from the fact what had transpired in their current home, not an hour ago.

"So... I need to pack?"
"Yes..."
"But... is it more expensive?"
"Well..."

On the way home, Justine had devised a lie to conceal the truth, and rehearsed it a bit.

"I'm... actually going to be working."

Tina was impressed. Her mother had obviously worked hard on this, and it suddenly made her feel bad to have doubted her mother.

"What's the job?" Tina asked, ecstatic.
"Personal assistant... for mister Rand. The landlord. We get a reduced rent because... well, I'll work for him. It's a... commune of sorts. People who work for him live close to him..."
"Sounds weird..."
"And... you'll get your own room."

Tina was in heaven. Not that she minded sleeping in the same bed as her mother but, after the conversation with Haley earlier, she couldn't quite tear an image away from her mind.

All things considered, and despite the conditions involved, Justine started to consider this day one of the best of her life. And she could tell her daughter felt the same. And all Justine had to do to keep this was... was... it was still hard to grasp, despite having done the deed once. And yet, there it was, as plain as day.

She would have sex with August Rand, and she could live in that nice apartment, and he would provide her with money for food and other necessities. Two hundred a week wasn't much but it was enough. And it meant that things could finally change for the better. There was no other hope in sight.
interesting is offline   Reply With Quote