View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Life. But in a different way. Unless you are prepared to die, life will occur whether you like it or not. You can slow down - hell, you can come to a full stop, but regardless of what you want or wish for, time will nudge you along in a forward direction. Whether or not you proceed to reach a favorable destination is up to you. For what reason need success and growth occur in our lives? Is it not possible to remain in one static, stagnant state of being or even to regress? If things are bearable the way they are now, what's the point of setting goals and ambitions to continually reach greater heights?

Well, you don't have to. When life gets you down and stuck in a rut, you're not obligated to come out of that rut. Eventually you will die, and time will continue as it will. That's how insignificant we are as individuals and as a planet. But I think there is some liberty in realizing how free you are to stop trying. Why do we try? Because we can. Every little success - even getting out of bed in the morning - is a momentous display of power and will. I think if everyone understood just how boundless we truly are as individuals; just how many options are available to us throughout each and every second of our lives, productive or otherwise; how significantly our actions impact the worlds within worlds that surround us; we would all stop for a round of applause because we are wondrous creatures. We exist out of a will to live. We explore out of sheer curiosity. We create on a whim.

So when I'm too busy being sulky to realize I literally have the world at my fingertips, I can at least be sure that, no matter what, the world around me will continue to do what it will do. At some point, I come to realize that my only true restraint is time. What I choose to do with that time is entirely up to me, and for better or for worse, no choice I make can be wrong in this sandbox world. All there is, is to see how my actions affect the world around me. Can you imagine knowing that your hands are what mold all that exists around you? Imagine knowing that, as insignificant as we are in our own galaxy, let alone the universe, we are also somehow very significant in our little microcosm. That is motivating.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote