View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 02:39 AM   #20
Toybox Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion01 View Post
I'm asking if the members and users of GetDare believe that it's time for a staff clean out and rules updated.
I think a staff clean out would be rather drastic. We've had times that some individuals definitely felt a little too empowered but from what I can see now is that most of the active staff are excellent - they moderate the website and they're helpful to the members.
Also, think about the majority of the website and who they would vote for - do you think that the general userbase will make an informed decision on who is suitable? There's quite a lot to moderating that you don't see (in fact, you're not supposed to notice) but there's still people working to make the website a smooth experience.

I do feel that the rules could be updated for more clarity. This is something that should happen with all rules and regulations as changes in circumstances do occur. And also, it should decrease staff/user aggravation. It's a simple point of communication.

Though I have to agree - even if the OP wasn't worded neutrally, that's no reason to want to close it. They were valid questions (even if not completely well thought through) and not breaking any rules. It's the type of thing that would only contribute to OP's reasoning.
Obviously it's well appreciated that it wasn't closed and I'm just really hoping there won't be another trend like that.

Edit; Would have voted yes for clear rules but no for dumping the mods, but the poll wouldn't have given that option anyway I think?

Last edited by Toybox Girl; 08-11-2016 at 02:41 AM.