Thread: Fiction: Sorority Sisters by Blood
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
sarahsarah
getDare Sweetheart

Default Sorority Sisters by Blood

Click here to read the completed story without user comments

Warning: Will contain taboo scenes and extreme scenes in the future including some incest.

Chapter 1

Amelia stood outside the building staring at the stone walls. Her roommate stood beside her, they barely knew each other, but being only the second week at university they were forced to be friendly. In the spirit of forced friendship Amelia had dragged her along to the fair. It was Monday afternoon after class and the Pan Hellenic fair was the other side of those doors. This event would kick off the rush week for all new students wishing to pledge either a sorority or a fraternity. Amelia had been waiting for this moment since arriving at the university.

“Why did you bother to drag me to this Amy?” Kelly asked. She’d always liked to be called Amy; Amelia seemed too formal in day to day life. “I don’t even know if I want to pledge a sorority, it seems old fashioned, and kind of forceful to be bound to the same group for the whole of university. Why do you even want to rush one so much?”

Amy knew exactly why she wanted to pledge this sorority so badly. She was well aware of the process; her sister Steph had pledged a sorority here only a few years ago. She was now a senior and treasurer for it. This was the only sorority that Amy had dreamed of joining, having listened to all the stories her sister had told her, all the great times she had. Unfortunately for Amy though, this sorority was one of the most exclusive on the campus. “Three quarters of students rush a sorority here Kelly.” Amy had no idea if that figure was correct or not but figured neither would her roommate. “You don’t want to get left out with nowhere to go do you?”

“Maybe not” Kelly replied with little conviction as they walked into the main hall. “But look at this Amy, it’s a mess, how the hell am I supposed to pick somewhere amongst this rabble.” Looking around the room Amy knew that Kelly was right, the place was packed full of sorority and fraternity members in matching outfits. Each had big stands and signs to try and attract people. In the middle was a crowd of freshman each hoping to find the correct match, each hoping to meet the right people and find a group they wanted to spend so long with. If Amy hadn’t already made up her mind she would be totally lost. She knew what she wanted though and took little time in spotting the display she desired.

Compared to a lot of the sororities their stand was very unadventurous. Their t-shirts were fairly plain, as if just made because they had to. However it came with an assured confidence, knowledge that they needed no perks or shows to attract attention. Two beautiful girls sat quietly behind the desk waiting for people to eventually come to them. Amy walked towards them, suddenly a bit nervous by the two of them. The first girl seemed quite tall, slim, with sleek long blonde hair, her image was flawless and she was oozing with confidence, her smoky eyes seemed to cut through people at will. The second was a bit shorter, with brown hair matching her eyes. She seemed the under out of the two of them. Amy was nervous because these girls were probably her sister’s friends and she wanted to make a good impression.

As Amy stood in front of the table the two girls looked up at her and her nerves dissipated as they smiled. They gave a smile as if they knew her well and wanted to help her. “Hi there, are you thinking about rushing for us?” It was the shorter girl that asked.
“Absolutely” Amy replied.
The taller girl took over. “Well, my name is Alexis and I am the president of this sorority. This here is our vice president Hannah.” The shorter girl smiled again in acknowledgement. Both girls seemed really relaxed in the pink outfits.
“Nice to meet you” Amy responded, a bit too formally.
“A pleasure to meet you as well…. mmm” Alexis gestured her hands to signal for Amy to introduce herself.
“Oh, I’m sorry, I’m Amelia, but I prefer Amy.”
Alexis smiled. “Amy, any relation to Steph Close by any chance?”
Amy blushed; she wasn’t sure why she felt uneasy at the mention of her sister’s name but the nerves came back. “Hmm, yeah, she’s my older sister” Amy blurted out quickly

“You are practically identical” Hannah commented. “So where have you been considering Amy?”
“Well, this is the only sorority I’m really interested in!” Amy exclaimed a bit too loudly. She heard Kelly snigger at her over enthusiasm before leaving to look at other stalls.
Alexis responded. “That’s great. We don’t let people rush unless we’re there first choice. We want to know more about you so leave your details including name and email. Take one of our fliers. There are five rush events this week, you must attend at least two to be considered. After the rush events we will all vote for who we want to be considered with the top twenty being shortlisted. These twenty will be invited to our sorority for a month settling in period after which we will narrow it down to 10 pledges who we would like to join our sisterhood. We look forward to seeing you this week”

“I look forward to starting.” Amy turned to walk away but not before noticing Alexis give Hannah a sly wink. ‘What the hell is that about’ Amy thought. She stared over the five days that had been outlined on the leaflet that she’d be able to turn up to rush. She knew she’d have the best chance if she went to all of them and tried to impress, get to know some of the sisters and get their support.
“Amy!” she heard the voice call from within the crowd. At first she assumed it was for someone else before it called again. She turned to the crowd expecting to see her roommate but instead was greeted by the familiar stern looking face of Steph.

Amy walked over to her sister who was gesturing. “Hey Steph. What’s up?” The two girls were almost a complete mirror age. You could barely notice the age difference. Amy was 19 whereas Steph was 22 but approaching her birthday. There were very few ways to tell them apart other than their clothing; even their short dark hair was near identical. One was that Steph was slightly more developed, both were fairly busty but Steph was a cup size bigger. Second was Steph’s tattoo, currently not visible but she had a tattoo of a cobra entwined around a microphone on her left hip. Third and probably the easiest was their facial expressions. Amy was almost always smiling and excited. Steph on the other hand often looked like she did now, and that was completely pissed.

“Please tell me that isn’t what I think it is Amy?” Steph pointed down at the leaflet in her sister’s hand. “Did you honestly think I wouldn’t find out, two events and a list in rush week, you had to see me eventually. Were you that naive?” Her voice started to rise causing a few heads to turn
“Of course I knew, I was going to tell you tonight. I thought you’d be thrilled.” Amy responded a bit taken aback by her sister’s comments. “What’s your problem”
Steph scowled at her and pulled on her arm dragging her away from the crowd, out the building and onto the concrete steps around the side. She continued until she found a deserted concrete alcove. “It’s always the same fucking thing isn’t it Amy. What the hell do you think you’re doing?”
“What am I doing, rushing your sorority? Why are you so pissed? I wasn’t hiding it from you”
“I don’t care if you were or weren’t” Steph continued now shouting. “You aren’t joining, you aren’t pledging, pick another sorority or just go away. They’re my friends, not yours. Why do you have to be like this?”
Amy was stunned, like she’d been winded by a huge fist to the stomach. “Like what, you’re the one being weird. I want to do university activities and make friends. Why does it have to be about you?”

"It is about me. You are doing what you've always done. You are tagging along with whatever I am doing just because I am doing it. I spent a long time deciding what sorority I wanted to join and then I spent three years making friends there and earning people's respect so that I could get here. And now, now you just want to walk in and become a part of something that is mine just like you always do. You stole my room, tagged along to school, and copied my hobbies and now my university as well.”
Amy was fuming. “You are being a bitch. I can do what I want; you aren’t in charge of me.” They’d had this fight in the past but now it was something Amy really wanted.
“Well maybe I am, but I’m fed up of still dealing with your childish bullshit when I’m 22. There’s no way you’re going to rush, I’ll make sure of it, I’ll drag you out the events, I’ll make sure my friends don’t vote for you. I made it into this sorority. You don’t have what it takes!” With that Steph stormed away in anger leaving Amy on her own.
Amy dropped down in tears onto the concrete. She’d always looked up to her sister, or at least that’s what she told herself when she followed in her footsteps. She aspired to this sorority after all the great things that Steph had told her about how much she loved it and the friendship bonds she’d formed. Amy just wanted the same. It seemed a great university and sorority, if her sister could do it she could, she’d been as good as her at anything so was pissed off. ‘Not got what it takes.’ She wanted to prove her otherwise.

She wanted to lash out, to fight, and to prove her wrong. She screamed staring at the leaflet still in her hand but one part of it suddenly caught her eye. An asterisk next to one rush event the third one. Amy looked to the bottom of the page and read the note. ‘Due to a clash of scheduling this event will be run by seniors who are not the officers. The officers will be in a meeting with the council.’ That meant one event her sister would not be able to stop her attending.
Amy quickly scanned over the other events and was shocked to realise she’d missed something else. The first event was scheduled on Steph’s birthday. She knew she was going home to see their parents that night; Amy had been invited but thought Steph would want the day to herself. That meant two events which she could go to where her sister wouldn’t be present, maybe a possibility.

Amy considered whether it would be possible but thought of all the times Steph had told her she couldn’t do something. She steeled herself; she had an added determination to prove to her sister she could do it, do it for her own reasons. She wasn’t ready to give up on her sorority dream just yet.

Last edited by Leopard; 06-05-2016 at 06:33 PM.
sarahsarah is offline   Reply With Quote