View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #9
John332
getDare Sweetheart

Default Intermission, part 3

The next day passed uneventfully - I was late for a 9am lecture because I Rachel was pacing the corridor until after 8am - revising hard for a test she'd forgotten until that morning. She was in a bad mood and I promised to bring her food for a fry up on my way back, which I did - I felt slightly guilty about sleeping with one of her friends right under her nose. It turned out to be a mistake, because she decided that she wanted us all to have dinner together that evening - at 7pm. I could hardly refuse, but spent the day thinking of ways to get out of it. I'd already used the ill card, and even a phone call from someone wouldn't work. The day got later and later and I begun to panic - I was so close to getting the camera.

We sat down for dinner just before 7 to my relief, but then had a starter, which Lizzie had - mischieviously - insisted on cooking. We got to the main course and 7.30 and had only just finished at 7.55. I suddenly had an idea.

"Um... girls," I said, hesitantly. "Could I have your female advice on something? I've bought a pair of swimming shorts for a holiday, and I'm not really sure that they suit me. Could you judge them for me?"

Lizzie gave me a subtle wink. Rachel looked slightly amused but agreed.

"Boys and fashion!" she said

I almost ran to the bedroom and tore off my clothes, watching the clock - 7.58. I pulled on a pair of swimming shorts and pulled out my scissors again, cutting through the elastic. Holding onto them, I came out of the room, feeling slightly self-conscious.

"So," I said. "Whaddya think? Do you think the girls will be loving it?"

Rachel and Lizzie looked at me and laughed in a kind way.

"They're ok," Rachel said, grinning. "Not too loud, and it looks like that time in the gym has paid off..."

"Great, thanks," I said, turning to leave. The clock struck eight, and I let the elastic go, tripping me up on the carpet. I struggled to get up, making it look like the shorts had come off naturally. Rather than pulling them back on, I clutched them in front of my groin, and turned back slightly, leaving most of my butt exposed to the girls

"Oh God, I'm so embarrassed," I said, flushing. "I knew I should have tried them on before."

The girls were speechless, and I quickly ran to my room. I suddenly noticed that the curtains were open, and anyone walking past on the street would have seen my hurried strip. I closed them and climbed into bed, pulling the covers over me, throwing the shorts back in the cupboard - I'd wasted a good pair of shorts, but hopefully won the competition; or at least, not lost miserably. Grabbing a book, I pretended to read. A little while later, there was a knock at the door.

"Are you ok?" Said Rachel

"I'm ok," I said through the door. "Just really embarrassed - I don't think I can face either of you just now."

Rachel laughed.

"It's ok - we felt a bit sorry for you. But we've both seen butt before!"

"Even so, I'll stay in here thanks," I said. "I'll give the pudding a miss while my ego recovers."

"Ok," she said. "See you tomorrow."

I read for a while and dozed off after a while.

Just before 8am, Lizzie slipped into my room. I threw back the duvet, revealing that I was still naked. She stared for a second and then grinned and winked.

"Nice work," she said. "Very nice work - although we'll definitely have to get Rachel involved at some point."

I agreed - she was the perfect flatmate, but much too prim and proper for my wilder and more exhibitionist side.

"The next party is in two weeks," she said, throwing me the digital camera. "Heather eventually wimped out, so you win - and you completed more than successfully. She's barred from the next one."

"Well," I said, catching the camera. "If you're looking for a replacement, you might want to try Em."

She raised one eyebrow

"I like the sound of that," she said, smiling and turning to leave the room. "Later"
John332 is offline   Reply With Quote