Thread: Fiction: The Dolls' House 2
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:38 AM   #17
Wordsmiff
Distinguished Member

Default Chapter 69

CHAPTER 69

Kirsty formed a cross with her two index fingers and held them up at the Satan figure. “Begone, Evil One,” she shouted.

“Kirsty,” Becky said, “Stop it. You’re embarrassing yourself.”

Kirsty continued to hold her makeshift cross in front of her as she turned to her friend. “I saw it in an old film,” she said, “A cross can banish them.”

“That’s vampires,” Mark said.

“Oh,” Kirsty said, lowering her hands. “Silver bullet?”

“Werewolves,” Mark explained.

“Garlic?” Kirsty tried again.

Mark shook his head. “Vampires again.”

“Oh.” Kirsty shrugged her shoulders.

The Satan figure laughed, a raspy laugh, which echoed throughout the chamber they were in.

“It’s a trick,” Mark said, “There must be some sort of holographic projector or something in here.” He looked around the chamber for any cameras or projectors. He couldn’t see anything.

The others looked around the chamber.

“Can’t see anything,” Tim confirmed.

“Maybe it’s someone dressed up,” Becky suggested.

Mark took another look at the Satan figure. It appeared to be about five foot in height but it looked taller because... Yes, it was hovering in mid-air. It must be a projection, Mark thought.

“Let’s go,” Tim said. “The way we came in.”

The teenagers stepped backwards towards the door.

The Satan figure thrust out his arm-like appendage. There was a brief flash and the door slammed shut.

“You will remain until I say you may leave,” the Satan figure said.

The teenagers stood still.

Mark was the first to speak. “Who are you?”

“Did you not hear me the first time?” the Satan figure laughed. “I am your Master.”

“I have no master,” Mark retorted bravely.

Katie reached out for Mark’s hand and squeezed it.

Mark glanced sideward at the girl. He felt a stirring in his loins for her but now was not the time. He focussed his attention back on the Satan figure. “We’re leaving.”

The Satan figure gestured at the door. “Be my guest,” it said.

The door creaked open again, more slowly than it had closed.

The teenagers edged towards it.

“You cannot escape my labyrinth,” the Satan figure added.

Mark picked up on the inference. He paused and gestured for the others to stay. “Your labyrinth?” he said to Satan, “You created this?” He scanned the chamber. “Why would you...?”

“You’ve already met my minions,” the Satan figure interjected.

“The Killer Dolls?”

“If that’s what you wish to call them,” the Satan figure said. “They are the rejects.”

“Rejects?”

“I need virgins to survive,” the Satan figure said, “But those who are not virgins become my minions...”

“Where does Edward Sutton fit into all this?” Mark shouted.

“Enough talk,” the Satan figure said. It studied the group of teenagers and its gaze settled on Rosie and Lucy. “You two were to be my next sacrifices,” it said. Satan moved his gaze to Liam and Luke. “But you two defiled them. For that, you will die.”

Satan pointed at Luke. There was a flash of light and Luke disappeared. Satan pointed at Liam. There was another flash and Liam disappeared.

“What have you done with them?” Mark shouted.

“They will suffer a painful and lengthy death,” Satan said, “And then they will become my minions.” Satan gave out a rasping laugh.

“What just happened?” Katie said as she squeezed Mark’s hand again. “Are they dead?”

“It’s okay, Katie,” Mark reassured her, “We’ll save them.”

Satan laughed again.

“You may leave this chamber now,” Satan said, “But you will wander my labyrinth for eternity.”

There was a flash of light and the Satan figure disappeared, as quickly as Luke and Liam had done. Its voice came back momentarily. “We will meet again,” it said, “Of that you may be certain.”

All was silent for several moments.

“What was that all about?” Tammy spoke up for the first time.

“Are Luke and Liam dead?” Naomi said. “Was that really... Satan?”

“I don’t know,” Mark said, “To both questions.”

“If it is Satan,” Kirsty said, “We’re going to need superpowers to fight him.”

“You mean like in the Marvel comics?” Becky asked.

“Any of you have any super abilities?” Kirsty asked no-one in particular.

“I can touch my nose with my tongue,” Tim said.

Kirsty’s eyes lit up. “You kept that quiet.”

“Yeah well, it’s something I don’t like to brag about,“ Tim said, “It’s got me into trouble on more than one occasion.”

“I’d like to see that tongue of yours in action, Tim,” Kirsty said.

“I hate to break up this tender moment,” Mark said, stepping back to the open door. “But we have to get out of here. We have to find Luke and Liam.”

“And find a way out,” Ian added.

The corpse on the slab gave out a low, strangled moan and sat up.

“Chris?” Becky muttered. “Is that you?”

The dead Chris put his hand to his groin, felt for his missing penis and, when he realised it had gone, he gave out an agonising scream.

“Zombie!” Kirsty shouted.

To be continued...
Wordsmiff is offline   Reply With Quote