Thread: Fiction: ★ Camp getDare.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Chapter Two.

We pulled our suitcases out of the boot and waved at Liam’s mum as she turned her car around and drove off.
“I love your Mum. My Mum would be out here, demanding to know everything about the camp. Where is Bella sleeping? What are you feeding her? SHE’S ALLERGIC TO TOMATOES!” I rolled my eyes even thought I felt like I’d miss her soon enough.

“You don’t have to live with her Bells. You don’t know the torture I have to endure” He said dramatically with his hand on his heart.
“She cuts the crusts off your sandwiches, that is hardly torture Liam. Now can we please find somewhere to put these bags!” I slumped a little exaggerating my exhaustion.
We wondered towards an odd shaped tan stone building which reminded me of Spain. A sign carved into a log had been somewhat placed over the door though it looked a little precarious. The word ‘Welcome’ was quite badly dug out in the poor wood.

We started up the steps into the welcome building just as a dark haired man pulled the door wide open and grinned.
“Hey, welcome. I’m depp, you must be...” He signalled for us to complete his sentence.
“Betty Boop” I waved and smiled feeling awkward instantly in the presence of someone I’d spoke to but never met.
“And I’m Liam.. onyx” Liam said as if he’d forgotten his user name for a few seconds.
It was weird, all the usernames and online people becoming real life faces in my reality. I was more than a little scared, anxious and a whole lot of other feelings which made my head spin.
“Ah, one of my own mods” He smiled and I struggled to keep eye contact. I had a feeling these people were going to be surprised by my unexpected shyness.

The Welcome sign created an awful creaking, crackling noise before the left side of it detached from the building. It swung loose, narrowly missing the top of Liam’s head.
“I’ve been meaning to fix that... This way” depp dipped under the broken sign, hurried down the stairs, around the building and onto a wooden panelled path that led to a large log cabin. I was surprised to see a log cabin, I’d never been to a camp before, but this building looked a little grand for what I had in mind.
Dragging my suitcase become even more difficult on the wood, the wheels dipped into the gaps between the wooden slats making my suitcase jam in the floor every so often. I tugged at the handle and tried to speed up so I didn’t get left behind.

We came to a large oak double door with two beautiful decorative glass windows with various shades of blue, pink and orange which formed a circle at the centre of the two doors.
A key was turned in the lock and the doors opened wide.
I gasped slightly as I took in my surroundings. I’d never seen such a large cabin; the stairs in here were made from a gorgeous wood as well as most of the furnishings. The stairs curved to the upper floor, the landing was on a balcony with a fence draped in fairy lights. To the right of the stairway I saw a huge kitchen, one of the things I loved to see in a home, and more surprisingly it looks pretty modern compared to rest of the room. It even had an adorable little breakfast bar.
The bottom floor was very open other than the few doors I saw which led to rooms I hadn’t yet seen. The lounge area to the left of the stairway held huge comfy chairs and a long sofa smothered with various cushions and blankets. There were a few beanbags scattered across the lush carpet and the magnificent fireplace which sat nearby a pile of neatly chopped logs for firewood.

“Wow, so pretty” I wheeled my suitcase to the bottom of the stair way.
“Pretty nice for a camp” Liam muttered while looking up at the large cabin chandelier hanging from the ceiling.
“Everyone else should be here by the end of the night so for now just make yourselves at home” depp slipped out of the door and disappeared as quickly as he arrived.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Last edited by BettyBoop; 08-13-2011 at 03:26 AM.
BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote