Thread: Fiction: Prison Island II
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #14
Luffy90

Chapter 8

Not knowing how much time had passed was by far the worst part of being locked up in the dark. Shivering from the cold temperature, constantly being wet from the leaking roof and wet floor made every second feel more like a minute.

They knew what my name was. Ruby remembered as she sat there thinking about what had happened to her. So Annie has to be somewhere close then. Wonder if they have anyone else locked up here aswell...

What felt like a few hours went by before the door opened again. Ruby still sat on the floor, hugging her knees close to her chest for warmth as Nathan came in, alone this time. She didn't dare speak to him, but raised her head to show him that she knew he was there.

"Aww, what's wrong?" Nathan asked, in a tone that clearly meant that he was asking just for the fun of it.

"Nothing..." Ruby answered back with a low voice, trying to hide the fact that she was freezing.

"But you're shaking! I can't sleep well knowing that you're stuck here in this wet room, freezing your ass off, literally." He knelt down in front of her and held out a blanket. "If nothing is wrong, then i assume you don't want this?"

Ruby looked up and saw what it was. But figured it was just a trap, so she didn't grab it straight away. "W-what's the c-c-catch?" Her voice stuttering as she spoke.

"No catch... for now." He threw the blanket over her head and started to walk away. "My day was yesterday so i can't do anything to you now. Just remember that i was the one who gave it to you. You'll make it up to me one day, i know you will." But as he was about to open the door, Ruby interrupted him.

"P-please... is Annie okay?" Ruby didn't dare to look at him, fearing that she had pushed him too far.

Nathan sighed. "All i can say is that she's here. Now shut up and be happy i came in here to help you. Try to get a few hours of sleep before sunrise, you’re gonna need it." He rushed out the door and slammed it shut behind him.

Still having her hands and feet tied together made it difficult to get the blanket around her properly, but after giving it a few tries she managed to make herself slightly more comfortable. She could still feel some water seep through it, but it helped way more to keep her from freezing than staying without it. She closed her eyes, tried her best to relax and wait for her body to heat back up, and hope that she somehow could manage to fall asleep to make this cold and miserable night end.
Luffy90 is offline   Reply With Quote