View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 02:47 AM   #3
CalmInControl

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qing View Post
My questions:
Is there anyone out there that will take in a submissive with such limits?
Even if I do find someone, is it still considered a d/s relationship?
From the point of a dominant, how would you feel if you cannot incorporate those elements into the play?

I apologise if I have used any terms wrongly. I am really new to all this and really just want to explore.

TLDR; Spend some time perusing the board if you're unsure. Create a list of what you're after and speak to several potential dominants before making a decision.

Long Version
You'll find that every dominant is different and while the majority (at least on getDare) are after sexual d/s relationships there are quite a number of people who want non-sexual d/s relationships. On these forums you'll commonly find a lot of d/s play centered around non-sexual acts such as bladder control, embarrassment, humiliation, and scheduling tasks such as dieting and exercise.

Usually I wouldn't see any reason why a d/s relationship revolving around non-sexual aspects couldn't still be a d/s relationship. An example is there are a lot of 'daddy-doms' who will take care of a submissive and control her life much like a father without actually having any sexual contact.

It would really depend on the dominant and the personalities involved. Generally speaking most dominants will have a list of fetishes or aspects they would prefer to incorporate into play and only a few (but not most) of these will not be deal breakers. I'd be very surprised if you were unable to find a dominant with both clitoral/vaginal play being your only two limits.

As far as using terms correctly there's several terms that will get thrown about confusingly but for the most part people understand the general message. A few terms with definitions that are often confused (or not differentiated clearly) in my mind are: dominant/master/top and submissive/slave/bottom. However, for the most part even if a person uses the term 'incorrectly' you can still get a good idea of what they're after.

Given you're new around here my best suggestion would be to take a look around the various threads and profiles on the board and get an idea of:
1. What are your likes, dislikes and limits?
2. What aspects of your life do you want a dominant to control?
3. What aspects of your life do you not want a dominant to control?
4. What are you aiming to achieve by submitting? Do you have any particular goals (i.e. academic, weight loss, anal stretching) in mind?
5. Do you have any other requirements for a dominant? (i.e. age, time-zone, communication preferences)

Personally, I wouldn't put up an advertisement without at least having a reasonable idea of the above. Also, I generally wouldn't recommend a submissive to rush in and submit to the first dominant they find. It might be worth chatting to several and even having a 'trial day/week' with a few to get an idea of which suits you best.

At the end of the day a d/s relationship is what you want it to be and will only be as fulfilling as the dominant and submissive decide to make it. So as long as the two of you are on the same page it should be peachy-keen.

Hope this helps!
CalmInControl is offline   Reply With Quote