View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
GoogleMaster
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post
I needed to correct as quickly as possible, else it linger in the air for a while.

Option 2: Get up and catch up to Tara to apologize, and possibly set things right
I finished pouring myself a glass of red wine, a new french grape I had never had before. It tasted like cherries and warm cedar wood. It reminded me of a girlfriend I had the summer I backpacked through Europe. I poured an extra glass and followed Tara out of the kitchen, leaving Dan to finish washing the dishes.

By this point Tara had walked through the living room and out to the front porch. It was a warm night, cool breeze and for once no moths flying around the lamp. Tara had sat down on the top step, her back to the door. I opened the screen quietly not wanting to scare her or bring too much attention. I could see the short curve of her shoulder, crossed by the top of her lacy bra and soft white tank top. Her hair fell down her back like a warm brown waterfall that you would want to spend hours playing it. I imagined it smelt like tropical flowers.

I walked up to where she was sitting and reached out to give her the glass of wine. She looked up at me, standing above her offering her Baccus' gift. Her light green eyes caught the light of the lamp and her lips opened. She said:

Option 1: "Thanks for the wine. I'll be back in when I am good and drunk."

Option 2: "Sit down for a second... I could really use the company..."
GoogleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote