View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #27
TheoDares
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmoGuy View Post
Gotta throw my two cents in here:
1. On findom: I argue that as a lifestyle, BDSM can have both liberatory and regressive tendencies. One can consent to the hierarchical nature of BDSM and thus exercise control over the gender roles and relations that restrict us in everyday society. However, for that to be the case, the relationship between dominant and submissive must be one that is well communicated, healthy, and practiced with constant upkeep and consent. As I'm sure we all know, this standard isn't the norm for Getdare. Too often do we willfully ignore the humanity of the person on the other side of the text chat, using them to get ourselves off. That dehumanized and exploitative relationship is far too common in findom. Financial dominants often view their relationships with their subs as means to a monetary end, rather than a relationship exploring that kink between healthy, consenting adults. Findom becomes a relationship of cold exploitation, oiled through the manipulation of the sub's kinks. I think the unhealthy form of this relationship is far too common, especially online. Findom turns relationships into commodities, to be bought and sold to the highest bidder, and that relationship lacks the basic humanity that is so hard to find on the internet.

2. We've got kinktalk. That's the compromise that already exists. I think we'd lose a ton of people if getdare allowed nudity. We'd probably become a site filled to the brim with dick pics and we've got enough of that on the internet.

3. The mental health epidemic is the result of this unnatural modern age. It's an issue that should be addressed out in the open, in honest and frank conversation. Telling people to "Man up" is simply ignoring the problems of mental health and the causal relationship between society and the mind. To be callous towards mental health is to plunge those trying to survive a war with inner demons into further depths of darkness. Empathy and kindness are the ways individuals can help address our mental health problems. Fixing it however, cannot be done through telling people to stuff their emotions into a small box.
Just want to check - are you suggesting that Findom isn't true BDSM?

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote