Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #1049
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
Also if you remember you can't remember your old memories if time changes unless you've been in a perspective of which you've more than your own. Time traveling for example when the men were erased from time. Only she could remember them. Yet this guy realized he had new memories.
As he's in flux, he's experiencing the "ripple effect". Instead of instant new memories, they're instead rippling down the timeline to him, hence him being aware of the changes. (For a short period, he remembers all of the possible timelines, before they ripple and merge into the final result.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvaleyard View Post
I have to admit that I never heard of Katherine before the Christmas special. She has such an amazing voice. Too bad we all have to wait for Series Six soundtrack to come out for the song she sang. I'm huge fan of movie/TV soundtrack music. I have more music of that kind than bands. It really helps me with thinking and daydreaming. Also I use it to help me write, when I have papers to do and writing my little fiction stories.
There's a Christmas Special CD out at the end of Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvaleyard View Post
I'm very curious what your thoughts are on it!
The whole episode... great. Fun, wild, fantastical, fun.

I had some quibbles though.

Moffat's using time travel. Good. It's a change from before. But he's using his same old tricks. (See "Blink"). There's nothing new. Also, who is Abigail and why do we suddenly have to care about her? Another oversight by Moffat was the rest of the frozen people... not even a line from the Doctor about saving them all. Oh, and the Doctor doesn't even *try* to save Abigail from death in his 7/8 Christmas Eves with her. (Or, at the very least, there wasn't even a "I can't save her" line.)

Erm.

Overall, 10/10. But it wasn't without quibbles.

(And BLINOVICH >_<)
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote