Thread: Non-Fiction: A Tale of Many Bets
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #9
Demon Thief
getDare Devil

Well, wait no longer.

Chapter 3

"What kind of bet?" I asked. "You don't mean money, do you?"

"No, not money," Damien said. "I was thinking maybe the loser would have to do anything the winner wants for the rest of the day."

I thought about this. If I won, I could make Damien do a few chores that I was too lazy to do. I wouldn't be too mean to the guy. After all, what could he do to me, right?

"I accept," I said. "So what are the rules?"

"We're going to play five card stud, and whoever wins best three out of five wins."

"So where are we going to play?" I asked, noticing that we were still outside.

"In my room," he said. He unlocked the front door and led me inside his house. We went straight to his room, which was furnished with a bunk bed, a desk with a swivel chair, a dresser, and a small table with three chairs. Damien pulled a deck of playing cards out of the desk and sat down at the table. I sat down too and he started shuffling the cards.

"So what will your parents say if they come home and I'm still here?" I asked.

"They won't care," Damien replied. "In fact, they would be glad that I've made a friend." He started dealing out the cards.

I looked at my hand. It wasn't too bad. I had a five, a seven, two tens, and a queen. I laid down my cards and said, "I have a pair of tens."

Damien laid down his and I saw three eights, a two, and an ace.

"Looks like I win the first round," he said.

He gathered up the cards, shuffled them, and dealt them out. I looked at my new hand.

Damn...
And when the entire mountain is chiseled away then the first second of eternity will have passed."
You must think that's a hell of a long time.
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

14 years on GetDare!
Demon Thief is offline   Reply With Quote