Old 10-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #107
sir sam
Distinguished Member

Heyyy... welcome back!
And great!
You did well!!
Great report!
I like it.
I was expecting you already for a while so I really appreciate you joined.
Your reports is great as always. A really nice boring journey.

The longest stand is 90 minutes, but I will count the remaining 37minutes as a 2nd stand. So,... 37/2= 19minutes extra (rounding to nearest full minute)

Soooo....

Girls: 670 minutes
Boys: 671 minutes + 90 +19 = 780 minutes

Pfff... girls are dead for a few days I guess.
They all consumed their 1st and 2nd and probably 3rd stand... new girls are needed......

Anyway.... 7 days until cut-off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvHarvey View Post
Girls: 670 minutes
Boys: 671 minutes + 90 = 761 minutes

I set out to do 90 minutes, and set a timer for that. I also set a stopwatch so that if I was dong well I could continue past 90. I had forgotten that I planned 90 because that was the maximum allowed.

The energy or excitement were not with me - still weary after almost 4 weeks away (the reason I had not seen this thread until now). I was doing this now because I had a chance and might not have another with October 31 coming up soon.

Pajama bottoms around ankles, hands clasped behind back, nose in corner.
The basic condition was bare bottom and hands never stopped touching each other, and I was in the corner. I actually leaned my head onto the corner walls for a lot of the time, and after the first ?? minutes I was very fidgetty and restless.

First I reviewed several stories I am writing, and where I plan to take them. There are 4-5 different ones and some have a lot of detail. Hard to say how long this covered but at least 30 minutes. Some time before I was finished, I heard my computer stop or something - but how many minutes was it set for before going to sleep? 20? 30? more? Probably 30?

Then I wondered for while what to think about. I can't have an empty mind I have to think. I was fairly comfortable physically and was moving just a bit from time to time. Elbows and shoulders were a bit achy from holding position. Leaning my shoulders on the walls probably helped them, but not my elbows.

And then I decided to count breaths for a few minutes. How many? Maybe just 5 minutes because I had not figured out what to think about -15 or 20 per minute? Count some anyway. It doesn't matter that much. And then just keep on and count maybe 10 minutes worth. Do it slowly. Then decide to count a very slow 10 and hope its really 15 minutes. Near the end of this set I started to yawn. Was this another 30 minutes?

I really had to move some part of my body every few breaths. This was getting hard now that I didn't have anything to think about - no "work" to do. So I counted more. Slow 10 minutes of breaths might be 15 minutes done? In this set 2 things happened. My computer gave a big loud shutdown of the fan -- what was it doing? The timer might now be off. I would have to be sure I hit 90 minutes on my own. And then on one yawn I had a cramp in a jaw muscle - OUCH. I stretched my neck up and held it hard until the cramp eased. I was too far in to stop now - but how far and what was 90! And I squirmed and moved ever body part that I could while keeping my hands together and staying tightly in the corner.

I was yawning and dizzy, but I was figuring this to be about 75-80 (but maybe more) minutes. So one more try to get 10-15 minutes of breaths. Tired, I was losing count a bit. But at the end of that I just had to stop, and hope it was 90 minutes. I could hardly walk to get to the desk

I got to the computer and it had rebooted....

But even before I logged in, the clock gave me an astonishing answer: 128 minutes! I was expecting 90-100 so this was great! Take off 1 minute for getting back and forth and it was still 127. Wow! Hard to believe but I had done it. And so I started to write up the report and saw that only my original 90 would count - too bad, but it would be a nice boost for the team.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I was feeling an odd lightness of mind and body at this point, being free to move and just be free. So after writing the report I just kind of moseyed aimlessly around GetDare and other sites for a long while.

---
EDIT 1: Afterward I figured out that the thread ending condition has changed and its no long the 31st, but after one side holds a lead for 168 hours (7 days) so I need not have hurried. And yes, I have tested the timer before and it does run when the computer sleeps, but the reboot stopped everything.

EDIT 2: Well thought out thread sir sam. Very well done.

Proud owner of sweet little pet

Want to read? my pets 2016-awarded story
The following user says Thank You to sir sam for this post: