Thread: Fiction: Me and Brendon
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
cseagles

PART V

I walked into Brendon’s room. It has been the same for a long time. There was Notre Dame everywhere, and I mean everywhere. The walls were painted green, gold navy blue. His dresser drawers were painted in the same fashion. There were Notre Dame memorabilia items everywhere you turned.

When I walked in, Brendon was playing PS2. He had an XBOX 360, but his older brother Logan was always using it in his room, so we never got to play.

“Hey!” he exclaimed. “I thought you weren’t gonna make it.”
“Nah, it’s cool, I’m here. Whatch’ya playin’?” I asked.
“I’m playing the old Medal of Honor games. Kind of a blast from the past, you wanna play some 2 player?” he asked.
“I’m game. What map?”

We quickly sorted out what the rules were, the game mode, and what team we were going to be on. We played about 15 games of 1 on 1, when there was a knock on his bedroom door. It was his dad. His dad was a great guy, and he was our football coach. He was actually my favorite coach, and like a second dad to me. He treated me like his son, which was great because we were all like family.

“I want you guys in bed by 11:30, Okay?”
“Alright dad,” Brendon replied.
“Hey coach!” I said.
“Hey buddy how the hell are ya?”
“I’m doing great. How about you?”
“Can’t complain. Nice talkin’ to ya,” he said.
“You too coach.”

By now, it was 11:15, and me and Brendon decided to keep playing PS2 until we had to go to bed. By the time 11:30 rolled around, we were still wide awake and had no intentions of going to bed for a while. His dad came in the room and told us goodnight. We went into his bathroom right down the hall and got ready for bed. We brushed our teeth and went back to his bedroom. When we got back to his room, I took off my shirt and stayed in my basketball shorts. He got the hint and started to get his sleeping clothes ready. There was an awkward silence.

“Do you want me to leave for a minute?” I asked.
“Yeah, that’d be appreciated,” He said.
“Okay, I got ya.”

I walked out of his room and waited by the stairs. About 3 minutes later, I heard his door open and I used that as my signal that it was okay to go back in. When I was back in his room, he was wearing a ratty old Comcast shirt and a pair of old basketball shorts.

“I sure as hell don’t wanna go to bed,” Brendon said.
“Me neither, what do you wanna do?” I replied.
“I don’t really know. Have any ideas?”
“As a matter of fact, I do,” I said.

TO BE CONTINUED…
cseagles is offline   Reply With Quote