View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
Red
Sona Forever

Thumbs up Mod Application

1. Tell us about yourself. Who are you?
For starters, I'm a 21 year old American who has red hair. I am a college student and will be graduating in 3 semesters with a degree in nursing. In person, I actually tend to be pretty quiet and only tend to say anything when I feel as though it is important and will contribute to the conversation. I have a lot of patience for others and wish to help however I can. Sure, sometimes I can be a troll but that's only after I've realized that the person isn't even listening to the advice that is being given. I am considered intelligent by those around me and have been told my head is on straight (thank goodness, I really don't need a crooked head).

2. What have you used the site for during the time you've been a member?
When I first started as a member here I mainly used the Request TORD Online forum. I answered some truths and did a couple of dares, but then I found the chat. I lurked for a bit to get the feel of things and then slowly started talking to the others in the room. Since then, I have become a regular with a good amount of people that recognize me. The chat is by far my favorite part of the site, I do enjoy reading through the stories from time to time, too. Another part of the chat that I enjoy to peruse is the Slave/Master Area. It's interesting to read the advice that others are giving and I've learned quite a bit from that section.

3. How have you personally contributed to the website?
My personal contribution to the site could be observed in the chat. I welcome most members when they enter the lounge and if I see that someone is requesting dares or looking for a master in there, I politely direct them to the BDSM Exchange room. If someone is stating that they have a question or need help with something, I usually will whisper them asking if I can help and I try my best to help them figure out what to do. With being in the medical field, when I lurk in the BDSM Exchange room and see that there are medically dangerous dares being given, I tend to give my two cents as to why that would not be a safe dare to do and how it could be changed so the person can still have their fun. My final contribution would be that I'm not afraid to use the report button if I see that something is wrong. I just wish I didn't have to bother the current mods with more reports and could deal with it myself.

4. Why should we select you as a moderator on getDare.com?
With being a college student, I have a lot of spare time on my hands. I currently pretty much just sit and lurk in the chat rooms all day. I would be happy to help with reports and other work that needs to be done around the site. I'm mature but at the same time I know how to have fun so I may not be a hard ass mod that everyone would hate. I also don't do things halfway, if I start a job, then I'm going to finish it and I'm going to do it well. It also takes a lot to get me very frustrated, so I'm able to deal with idiots without making rash decisions. I have a history of being a counselor and am able to listen to all sides of a story before coming to my decision.

5. What is something really embarrassing about you that isn't publicly known?
Unless I'm spending the night with someone, I sleep with this crazy ridiculous retainer. Seriously, it's huge and is pretty scary looking. Only family and one friend has seen me with it in =/

6. Do you think I'm a dickhead? Honest answers please. This is to test whether you will give in to peer pressure.
I actually don't think that you're a dickhead. I find you to be relatively funny and not dick-like.

7. Can you put up with Pingu? Think about this one very carefully.
I haven't had a problem with him yet, so I would say yes. Unless there's something I don't know about him...is he not really a penguin?! That might be a deal breaker if he's not.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote