View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
RosyS

Hello!

I too have been a member of this website for quite a while. Like you, I took several breaks. When I started, I was looking for a dom, but I struggled to find someone. I usually responded to the well written ads, but some people were good and others not so much. I was not an easy sub by any means either. I was curious about everything, but I needed someone gentle to guide me into finding and trying new things. Before my current Master, I met some sweet people some who I thought were awesome, but we had a hard time talking because they were so far away and in far too different time zone. I also met way more that almost immediately wanted pictures and to skype and I wasn't comfortable doing that just yet. Between school and work, I only had odd hours to work with doms and many did not like that.

More than two years ago, I found an ad to which I responded. The dom took a while to respond, so I pushed it to the side. A few days later, I found another ad (the one for my current Master), and responded to him. He was nerdy and seemed sweet and sincere. Before he had a chance to respond, the other dom responded. By the time my Master responded, I was already talking with this other dom and I told him that I had to give him a fair chance first. My Master wasn't fond, but kept talking to me. I drew the line with the other dom when he gave me the ultimatum that either I started skyping and doing kinky stuff or end it. So I ended it. I hate having an ultimatum especially when it crosses what I feel comfortable with.

My Master was quite happy when I broke things off and started talking to me in a more dom-ish way. He was respectful of my shyness and my need to feel comfortable with skyping. Even to this day, he still laughs about the first time we skyped and how awkward it was. Within a few weeks, he was determined that he was going to visit me and make me his girlfriend. Initially, I was quite skeptical of both of these things and within 8 months of being together, he made those things come true. He lived in Arizona and I lived in California, so the close proximity made it easier for him to make those things come true. A few short months later, I was on a plane to visit him for the second time. For the next year or so, we continued these occasional visits and nightly skyping.

In May of this year, he officially moved out here and has been living here ever since. We now live only about 5 minutes away from each other and hopefully within a few months it will be only a few inches. He has told me numerous times that he will be proposing soon and as with all his previous promises, I have no doubt that this one too will come true.

Don't get me wrong, we still chat with other people and do tasks on here. In fact, he encourages me to talk to others because he feels that it is developing my sexuality and he thinks that it is great that I am meeting others within our lifestyle. Nonetheless, we love each other very much.
As a matter of fact, we are skyping as I type and in a few short minutes he will affirm my posting and in a few hours I may go over to his place to have a nice relaxing night.

I guess the take away message is that perseverance is needed if you are serious about finding someone. It will not be easy and in fact, I felt I had given up for good on numerous occasions. I am glad, however, that I kept searching and trying because otherwise I would not have the love of my life.

This was the ad that hooked me a few years ago.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=199006

Proudfully and happily my Daddy's <3

RosyS is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RosyS for this post: