View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

I received quite a few responses from my ad and had a couple really interesting candidates, but I actually met my Dom through chat rather than choose anyone that applied. Real time interaction was easier for me than digging through my inbox, and I think it was successful since we're still together over two years later and have met up four times and counting [including next week!].

I think the ad was helpful overall because it made me figure out what I liked and what I needed in my relationship, as well as gave my Dom a good reference point of what I would like during play. I don't think you can rely solely on advertisements though. I think you also need a mix of being active on different parts of the site [forums, chat, blogs] as well as creating quality posts. For Each candidate and my Dom, I asked around about them discreetly as well as read their profile and previous posts to see if they were consistent or if they were just on their best behavior while chatting with me. I saw a few people who mainly commented negative things on peoples ads that put me off as well as people whose idea of a realistic task wouldn't be compatible with my abilities and circumstances, so post history really helped me out.

There are plenty of lovely people on this site, but there's no one way to go about finding the perfect match. Though I must say, for me and likely many others, many of the relationships we'd consider successful started out as friendships first, kink later.

This was my ad, for reference:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=221215

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote