View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #321
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Congrats to BenjoAmi. Probably not many people still watching the thread,so I thought I should post instead of just click "thanks."

Doing these long corner time sessions is hard for almost everyone, and certainly to be recognized for all.

I dropped out at about the time I did my last effort for the thread, maybe I even made the decision before I did that! The reason is that we reached a point where people were doing such different things physically, with some reducing it to a mental challenge only, while others i think were disciplined enough to almost ignore the mental and deal only with a physical challenge, that it was no longer a competition or group challenge as it was in the beginning, although it continued to be an individual challenge. Certainly comparisons between one person and another have not been reasonable since maybe the 60 or certainly 90 minute mark.

Thus the thread slowly diverged and the relevance of doing "more" was gradually lost. That is not to reduce the praise for different people who have different skills in coping with the boredom and discomfort - for the real shared challenge IMHO is just that: when you are bored you feel the discomfort more, and when you are uncomfortable you can't just zen out, and when you can't just focus or teleport your mind then you have to cope with the boredom, and the discomfort...and around it goes. Break that chain and you are well on your way to long long times.

AND the greatest thanks for Sir Sam who created this thread. For many months it quietly rolled along, never a monster with thousands of weekly or even daily viewers, but steady and always with an interested group of participants and their fans. Well done!
The following user says Thank You to MarvHarvey for this post: