Thread: Non-Fiction: My Transformation
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:54 AM   #92
shydarkgirl

My transformation journey is over, but I didn't want to leave you all hanging, wondering what happened to me. Here is a brief conclusion of the whole adventure.

Several weeks ago, shortly after the last post I made in this thread, Abby and I went on a date on a Saturday afternoon to the mall. It was hot and I was in a mood to show off, so I was wearing a crop top and the shortest shorts I had, while Abby was wearing more as was usually the case. While we were there, enjoying each other's company immensely, we observed a small group of what appeared to be pre-teen/teenage girls and their moms gathered, listening to a woman who was speaking to them. Out of curiosity, we listened in as we walked by. Without going into great detail, we figured out that the speaker was talking to the girls about things like modesty, abstinence, and self-respect.

No one in that group said anything to me, or even noticed me, as far as I could tell. But I felt ashamed, wearing so little clothing and putting so much of my body on display like I was. A few days later, I realized why I felt so ashamed. See, I grew up in the church, and while I'm sure this isn't a very popular topic at a place like this, I know God is real. Jesus saved me from my sins, and I should be seeking to glorify God and draw attention to Him, not to glorify myself and draw attention to my own body. Over these last few months, I had been living in rebellion against Him. In talking with Abby, I learned that she also grew up in the church and had similarly been convicted after hearing that speaker at the mall.

Fast forward a few weeks, and Abby and I are not a couple, but instead we are quickly becoming best friends, seeking to serve the Lord with our lives. I have gotten rid of all my slutty clothing and bought modest clothing to replace it. (I surely wish I hadn't gotten rid of all of it!) I am thankful that I never went too far with another person, and I didn't lose my virginity during this experience. I am far more content now than I was before.

Perhaps this wasn't the ending some of you were hoping for. After all, I'm sure God is not a very popular topic at a place such as this. But I am very thankful for the way all of this turned out. I am also refocused on my college classes, after a bit of a rough start, and am doing much better with those. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement during my time here, but I know the direction I'm headed now is where I am supposed to be.
shydarkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote