View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Locked Puppy
getDare Devil

Bomb SSL/TLS via httpS?

Hello getDare

I love this site! I use it on my phone even. And with all the free WiFi in the cities I would just love to use it while logged into a public WiFi-AccesPoint. But I don't.

Why? Because the traffic between my phone and the site-server is not encrypted. Anyone logged into the same access point could read my traffic, my username, if I need to log in even my password, when checking my profile options .. anything really.
I know, because I sometimes am one of those people lurking in free WiFis just to see what people are doing.

Eventually I will use a VPN to my home, encrypting all my traffic either way. Still though, I would love to see getdare use https. And not just as an option, but always default to it.

I currently can't afford to send any money to cover any costs concerning this because my business is just getting started and I am very very low on money - scraping by really. But since setting up webservers with encryption is part of what I do I would even offer myself to do it with and for you (always supervised via Desktop sharing).

With letsencrypt.org it is easily possible to have cost free SSL-Certificates, which renew automatically as well. Implementing this would need root shell access to the server though - which is why I would only feel comfortable doing this while sharing my desktop.

If you have a sys-admin who can do this for you, please tell him about this. If you don't I offer my services free of charge!

Should you be using a webhoster where you don't have root access, and they do want money for it, I think some users of getdare would be happy to finance a campaign to visit this site on a more secure way.

Just think about all the average non tech savvy users using the same passwords over and over again. Let their traffic get snooped et voila, they become a spam donor. Believe me: it is incredible what flies around unencrypted in a Starbucks or MacDonalds!

So.. feel free to contact me. Also maybe others would like to chime in as well.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Just ask, and I'll put it in for you

EDIT: and I just saw the suggestion zone. Maybe move it there, mods?

2nd EDIT: just imagine the shared networks in dorms and different people living together

likes - limits - toys -- pm dares

Randomly Locked in Chastity
(locked or not: no orgasms for this pup)

kik: LockedPuppy

Last edited by Locked Puppy; 11-11-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: possibly posted in the wrong thread
Locked Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to Locked Puppy for this post: