View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #170
Allykat

I did more, I did 125 minutes of cornertime

- How did you experience your cornertime?
You don't realize just how long 125 minutes really is until your entire body is aching and hurting while you're trying to count every second until it's over. Since 2 hours and 5 minutes is a very long time I did decide to kneel on a pillow to make it somewhat bearable, and I put the phone/timer behind me so I couldn't tell how long I had been there and how long I had left.

- What were your thoughts at the beginning of your cornertime?
Not gonna lie I was very cocky in the beginning thinking it would be easy. I'd just close my eyes and drift off somewhere for 2 hours. I started by removing all of my clothes because I figured I might get warm and if my pants are down already then why not just remove everything. I actually somewhat misunderstood the rules as I thought kneeling was a requirement, so I decided a pillow was necessary for kneeling that long.

When I was in position kneeling on the pillow against a wall I hit start on the timer and put the phone away. My initial strategy worked for maybe the first 20 minutes. I closed my eyes and just tried to imagine some elaborate story.

- What were your thoughts at the middle of your cornertime?
Well, it turns out a pillow will flatten when you kneel on it for too long. After maybe 1+ hour the pillow was as good as gone and my knees really started to get sore. Other than that it was just really really boring. My strategy worked for maybe 20 or 30 minutes but then I had pretty much ran out of fantasies or was just too bored to even be able to think of one. So instead I stared into a white wall which was quite disorienting actually. It was at this point I actually had to start focusing on kneeling properly so my nose didn't leave the wall and it didn't help that my knees were starting to hurt A LOT, while at the same time I couldn't get my arms in a comfortable position.

- What were your thoughts at the end of your cornertime?
My kneels were quite literally killing me at this point, my arms were also fairly tired, and so was my back from trying to balance myself properly while trying to find some way to alleviate some knee pain. To put it into perspective, I'm a fairly small girl without a single visible muscle on my entire body.

At some point I started to cry both from the pain and from the frustration of not knowing how long I've faced the wall and how long I had left. It felt like I had been there for 20 hours already. When the alarm finally went off my body was so sore and tired I decided to just lie down on the floor for a while.

Conclusion/end note
Would I do it again? No, not in a million years. Not even for all the money in the world. However I am very proud of myself, there were a couple of times I wanted to just give up but I somehow managed to stick through it.

Thanks sir sam for a great dare, and a I want to wish anyone coming after me good luck. Oh, and if you decide to kneel at least use two pillows. Don't repeat my mistake.

Likes, dislikes and limits
The following 3 users say Thank You to Allykat for this post: