View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
Siren
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrider View Post
What career are you thinking about ?
What are you good at that you wish to do the rest of your life ?
What languages would you want to speak ?
You speak of career and family, what else would you want to be content?
What career are you thinking about?
Perhaps teaching, eventually. But I want to do a different job beforehand; maybe translating, particularly working on adverts or novels if I could. Either that or I hear there are some pretty cushy cruise ship jobs for language grads

What are you good at that you wish to do for the rest of your life?
Well I've been told by quite a few people that I have the right mentality etc. for teaching, but I'm not sure if that's true (or if it's what I want to do.) More generally, I suppose I'm quite good at languages, and seeing links between them (grammar as well as similar lexis.) Of the little translating I've done, I think I'm fairly good at that, so I might make a career out of it. Also I'm good at spelling (not that you'd know it from some of the mistakes I make whilst typing) but I'm not quite sure what career that would lead to

What languages would you want to speak?
Well, want to speak and want to learn are different things... I'd love to be able to speak Arabic or Mandarin, and there are a few European languages I'd like to be fluent in (Italian, French, Spanish and German.) I know some French and Spanish (and a bit of Latin, though obviously not spoken) but realistically, I'd also like to learn Italian or German. I don't want to be monolingual, but I don't think I want to be a complete polyglot ^^

You speak of career and family, what else would you want to be content?
Hm... I'm not sure. I guess it would be really good to have a skill outside of that; actually singing as part of a group and improving, or writing a novel both spring to mind. Not out of desire for fame (though really, who wouldn't want to be famous for a short time?) but I've always loved singing and writing, but I don't feel that I've really achieved anything with either of them. I think to have travelled, explored the world a bit more and seen some different things would also be good. I'm pretty bored of being in the same place

Thanks for the questions- hope I haven't bored you at all

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote